Cobham is seeking a Director, Government Relations and PAC to develop and execute government outreach programs that advance Cobham interests. Will work as part of Cobham’s Government Relations Team; will monitor identified issues, develop and maintain relationships with key members of Congress and key Government stakeholders and shape the legislative environment. Directly represent or coordinate Cobham’s engagement on relevant working groups, trade associations and local organization to ensure that Cobham’s views and interests appropriately inform and influence Government decisions, policies and strategies. Will manage the Cobham PAC and the compliance thereof. Morning and Evening events and travel are required. This position is located in Arlington, VA.
- Strengthen relationships with key Members, Staff, and Committees in Congress - focused on appropriations, defense, and intelligence matters - that advances Cobham’s legislative priorities
- Communicate effectively and continually with business leadership regarding ongoing Hill efforts, upcoming events, status of priorities-including appropriations and legislative language requests-and other information which affects Cobham’s goals.
- Monitor congressional activities in the area of defense, intelligence, security, and foreign policy and take action to ensure Cobham’s interests are protected.
- Plan and support visits by company leaders to Capitol Hill and by Members/staff to Cobham facilities
- Provides research support to Government Relations team on budgetary and congressional issues
- Draft articles, updates and presentations on legislative and regulatory content
- Manage the Cobham PAC and the compliance thereof. Develop and execute Cobham PAC fundraising strategies, campaigns and events, ensure compliance with state and federal election and lobbying laws
- With Chairman of the Board help with management of PAC Board, meetings and board minutes.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key political fundraisers.
- Manage the PAC donor database, maintain organized records of all PAC receipts and disbursements, manage disbursement of all PAC contributions, handle PAC correspondence and produce internal PAC reports and analyses.
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of FEC reports and lobbying disclosure reports at federal level.
- Ensure Cobham events maintain compliance with all federal and state lobby laws and memorandum.
- Oversea PAC Match program and disbursement of funds.
- Supports Lobbying Disclosure reports and filings.
- Maximize the use and effectiveness of industry groups and associations
- Manage Grassroots and voter education program at business units.
- Manage Cobham’s charitable giving program and liaise with organizations to find opportunities for support
- 5 years’ experience in the U.S. defense and security industry
- Deep understanding of U.S. Government policies and processes
- Proven experience in shaping/ influencing legislative policy
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Immediate working knowledge of PAC regulatory and compliance rules and regulations
- Highly developed network of Government and industry contacts
- Experience either working in a Congressional offices committee, or in industry as a lobbyist, or running a PAC
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Outstanding personal and professional business ethics
- Proven ability to identify programs and opportunities within Cobham that could be candidates for Congressional interaction/support
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organization abilities
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*