We are seeking an experienced and motivated research analyst to be based in any of the firm’s three main offices. In this position, you will assess political across East Africa that are of relevance to Eurasia Group's financial, corporate, and government clients. As lead analyst for East Africa, you will analyze key political trends including elections, government stability and reform efforts. In particular, you will be able to identify the drivers of economic policy-making with a particular focus on Kenya as well as Ethiopia, Tanzania and other East African markets. You will be able to tailor your research to be relevant to a broad range of clients across sectors such as energy, retail & consumer and financial services.
Required skills include the ability to conduct in-depth research independently, provide both clear written assessments and present analysis directly to clients individually and in group settings. You will therefore be a self-starter, have excellent analytical and presentation (oral and written) skills and be capable of producing multiple pieces of research and analysis under tight deadlines. You will be able to travel regularly both to countries of coverage as well as for client engagements. In addition to being able to work independently, you will bring collaborative and team-oriented spirt.
You will have an advanced degree in economics, international relations, political science or other relevant discipline, a minimum of three years of relevant work experience, including significant on-the-ground experience. Preference will be given to candidates with relevant language skills and applications from more experienced candidates are welcomed.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States or the United Kingdom.
Perks of working at Eurasia Group:
* An amazing mission -- to help our clients capitalize on the opportunities and manage the risks created by the impact of politics on markets around the world.
* The opportunity to work with a talented and entrepreneurial team in a global environment.
* Flexible work environment, with contemporary offices located in New York (Flatiron), DC (DuPont Circle) and London (Clerkenwell).
* PTO bank of 23 days, 10 paid holidays and 2 summer Fridays.
* A strong belief in work-life balance.
* Competitive salary plus incentive compensation plan.
* Rich benefits package - EG contributes 82-90% to medical and dental premiums, 100% employer-paid LTD, STD and life insurance, 401(k) plus fully vested employer match and pre-tax commuter benefits.
* Business casual dress code.
* Employee referral program that begins at $1000.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org