Valbin Corporation is a leading language service provider to the government and private sector and is dedicated to delivering superior linguistic, analytical and cultural services to the diplomatic, defense, intelligence and business sectors.
We are currently seeking well qualified Language and Cultural Experts for several active contracts in the DC Metropolitan Area.
POSITION SUMMARY: The well-qualified candidate will perform translation, interpretation, and transcription work at a professional level for a government intelligence agency. Examples of completed work include: reports, memos, correspondence, audio, or oral communication that may be informational or highly technical. Candidates must be able to perform in a formal office setting with a fast-paced environment.
LANGUAGES SOUGHT: Russian, German, Farsi, Chinese/Mandarin, Korean, Pashto, Dari, Sudanese and Arabic (all dialects).
• Reviewing raw, unfiltered media, including media containing potentially objectionable material.
• Conducting and preparing accurate written gists, translations, and transcriptions of general and technical material.
• Working with various materials consisting of: hand written, typed, audio, video language, hard copies, and electronic format copies.
• Scanning and processing large amounts of material in a foreign language for critical and essential elements of information as defined by the customer.
• Transcription, translation, and interpretation duties.
• Responsible for Quality Control of translated work.
MUST have an active TOP SECRET or TS/SCI security clearance.
• MUST have at least 5 years’ experience as a professional linguist.
• MUST have a Bachelor’s Degree; advanced degree preferred.
• MUST be willing to relocate to the DC/MD/VA region.
• MUST have ILR level scores of 3 or higher in English and above mentioned target languages: Listening/Speaking, Reading, and Writing.
• MUST have background in one or more of the following areas of expertise: Counter-Proliferation, Cyber Security, Economics, Military, Religion, Narcotics, Science and Technology, International Relations, Geospatial or Legal/Law.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org