The University of Louisiana at Lafayette seeks applications for the position of Executive Director of Global Engagement. Located in the heart of historic Acadiana with its African, Creole, French, Spanish and German historical influences, Lafayette and the University are at an especially vibrant global crossroads. Led by international tourism and the oil and gas industry, the area’s economy has an extremely diverse and attractive international foundation. This position seeks to capitalize on these assets to coordinate the University’s global initiatives and grow its international profile. The successful applicant will:
• expand the University’s international engagement and provide leadership for global international initiatives
• oversee the recruitment of international students, setting and meeting specific recruitment targets at the undergraduate and graduate level
• oversee the articulation of international resources on campus and to coordinate the international functions and resources of the University (including the Office of International Affairs and the Office of Study Abroad) under a single Office of International Relations and Programs
• keep a database of all joint degree programs and international partners, and to match students with opportunities for international study
• assist with international admissions, recruitment, advertising, advising, scholarships, financial aid, transcript analysis, articulation agreements, dual degree programs, and credit transfer
• lead efforts to develop, maintain, and enhance international partnerships; to assist Colleges and Departments in managing and creating international programs and reciprocal Memoranda of Understanding with international partners, including universities, corporate entities, grant funding agencies, and consortium programs
• assist with the international branding and reputation of the University
• familiarity with Visa regulations
• host and engage with campus visitors and dignitaries from foreign institutions seeking to establish partnerships with UL Lafayette.
Appropriate academic training and professional experience in global education and international relations; experience in university administration at the Department Head level or higher; foreign language competency and intercultural sensitivity; experience in academic leadership and budget oversight; Terminal degree in the field or Ph.D. required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org