Allegheny Science & Technology (AST) is looking for an Project Analyst to support Department of Energy NE-6. NE-6 supports bilateral cooperation, multilateral cooperation, and international commercial activities. NE-6 works with international partners on civil nuclear cooperation, ranging from advanced fuel cycle countries to those nations considering the development of nuclear energy for the first time. NE-6 looks to leverage resources to maximize progress both domestically and globally, and its civil nuclear cooperation activities include bilateral technical collaboration arrangements, the International Nuclear Energy Research Initiative, and the International Framework for Nuclear Energy Cooperation.
This person will provide program support services to assist NE-6 in the following areas:
- Support NE-6 programs and meetings.
- Assistance with planning and/or preparation for NE-6 activities.
- Attending, observing, and reporting on various NE-6 meetings, workshops, reviews and other activities as identified/requested.
- Performing any necessary additional follow-up and analysis.
- Support the development of policies and strategies for civil nuclear energy engagement with countries of varying civil nuclear energy technology capabilities and energy profiles. This may include:
- Services that involve or relate to analyses, feasibility studies, and strategy options to be used by NE-6 in developing policy and/or regulations.
- Providing advice and interpretations of regulations and statutes to DOE officials.
- Support the definition and interpretation of high-level organizational performance requirements such as projects contractor support of an advisory and assistance service, systems, missions and the objectives and approaches mapped to the achievement of performance requirements.
- Support the development of international civil nuclear energy policy communications for various levels of management at the Department of Energy. This may include preparing responses to Freedom of Information Act requests.
- Support the organization of multilateral and bilateral meetings and the collaborations that result from these meetings. This may include attending, observing, and providing independent oversight and analysis of various NE-6 related workshops, program reviews and other venues. Support may include written reports or white papers based on observations and findings or additional follow up and analysis as needed.
- Interface with the INL manager for international programs and support communications between the INL and NE-6. This will include maintaining close coordination and communication with the INL manager for international programs.
- Contractor employees working under this SOW, including those working in DOE facilities, shall not provide personal services, misrepresent themselves as Federal employees, or perform inherently governmental function. As part of the performance of this contract, the contractor will not perform any inherently governmental functions including any of the following:
- Conduct foreign relations and the determination of foreign policy.
- Determine DOE policy, such as for example determining the content and application of regulations.
- Determine Federal program priorities for budget requests.
- Direct and control Federal employees.
- Determine DOE budget policy, guidance, and strategy.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree.
- Must have Department of Energy/Nuclear Energy Experience.
- Must be proficient in speaking Mandarin
- Will do International travel to support mission and project objects will occur. Frequency would be approximately 2-4 trips per year.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org