Key objectives and responsibilities
The Communications & Advocacy Internship at Protection International Head Office in Brussels provides opportunities for graduate and postgraduate students to gain an insight into the work of human rights defenders and that of an interntaional non-profit organisation, while enriching their knowledge and experience in the fields of communications and advocacy.
The selected candidate will support PI’s Advocacy & Outreach Unit in the implementation of online communication initiatives in order to raise PI’s profile in support of Human Rights Defenders at the EU and international levels:
- Update and daily management of PI’s website and online content;
- Follow-up, maintenance and daily updates of PI’s social media channels, mainly Facebook and Twitter;
- Collect and assist PI’s field offices to provide accurate and timely content for the website and social media channels;
- Assist in drafting and editing briefs, articles, and general web-entries;
- Support the development and maintenance of PI’s contact database;
- Assist in layout and translations for PI publications;
- Assist in audio-visual production and post-production (filming, editing);
- Support to advocacy work, particularly monitoring of advocacy actions;
- Other administrative tasks as required.
- Bachelor Degree in relevant field (communications, political science, human rights);
- Prior experience managing social media and website content management systems (Drupal, Wordpress);
- Experience (internship or volunteer work) in a similar communications or advocacy post or with an NGO is a plus;
- Great writing and editing skills are essential, as well as story-telling skills;
- Experience/knowledge of graphic design software (Photoshop, Indesign) is an advantage;
- Experience drafting newsletters and mailings (mailchimp);
- Experience/knowledge of video editing software (final cut) an advantage;
- Fluency in English and Spanish. Native English or Spanish speaker preferred, with good working knowledge of French;
- Interest in human rights communications and advocacy issues.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org