Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. Known for its rigorous approach to solving complex challenges, Abt Associates is regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. The company has multiple offices in the U.S. and program offices in more than 40 countries.
Abt Associates seeks bright, talented, and intellectually curious students to add to our talent pipeline. As a paid International Evaluation intern at the Center for International Evaluation (CIE), you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on industry experience while being exposed to challenging projects and learning from some of the top experts in the field. Interns will be exposed to a depth and breadth of expertise and knowledge through events and programs throughout the summer. Our summer internship program consists of a robust and structured curriculum that encompasses professional development opportunities, networking events, and a mentorship program. This position is located in Rockville, Maryland.
The Summer Internship Program at Abt Associates is 10 weeks, beginning June 4 through August 10, 2018. Interns must be able to work full time (40 hours per week) for the duration of the program. Abt Associates does not provide housing.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Helps with tracking a pipeline of upcoming international research and evaluation opportunities, and supports facilitation of bid/no-bid decisions.
- Helps maintain and continually update consultants, partners, and past performance databases and rosters.
- Assists with technical and research work such as conducting desk research; development of data collection instruments and methodologies.
- Helps with managing communications with the CIE Affiliates, including arranging quarterly meetings, helping to schedule and prepare technical brownbags.
- Researches and summarizes various documents, reports, and related materials.
- Assists with preparation for meetings, and scheduling and set up.
Department / Division Qualifications
- Is currently enrolled in an economics, public policy, public affairs, international development, international relations, or program evaluation level degree program.
- Ideal candidates will have academic or work experience in international development or monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word required, and experience with using statistical or qualitative data analysis software such as STATA, SAS,R, nVivo or Atlas.ti preferred.
- Ability to follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
Program Minimum Qualifications
- Has completed at least two years of college coursework
- Maintains a GPA of at least 3.2
- Has excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Is available to work full-time throughout the 10 week internship
- Is eligible to work in the United States
- Transitioning military are encouraged to apply
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org