WorldTeach, a non-profit organization founded through Harvard University, is currently accepting applications for passionate individuals to serve as volunteer teachers in our yearlong, funded programs in the Pacific Islands of American Samoa and the Marshall Islands. Programs are funded by each country's ministry/department of education. Applications will be accepted into June 2018, and volunteers will depart July/August 2018 for one year. Teaching experience is not required and the program is open to international students. Volunteers are full time teachers of English, math and science.
"The most important thing I learned during my WorldTeach experience is that I can step out of my comfort zone and into an entirely new experience and come out having accomplished more than I ever expected. I learned that having an open mind, a sense of adventure, and persistence will allow me to make the most of every experience and opportunity in life." American Samoa volunteer
Yearlong volunteers receive:
- Housing (teacher apartment or host family)
- Monthly stipend
- Health & emergency evacuation insurance
- Training comprising 3-4 week Orientation upon arrival, Mid Service Conference, and End of Service Conference
- Meals and housing during orientation and conferences
- Transportation between training and placement sites
- Support from full time, in-country field staff
- Professional development through Teacher Quality Program and WorldTeach professional development communities
WorldTeach volunteers also receive the following benefits as part of the WorldTeach network
- Access to WorldTeach TEFL Certification enrollment at the volunteer rate
- Discounted enrollment to UN-mandated University for Peace Centre for Executive Education online certificate course
- Access to graduate school scholarships for WorldTeach alumni
Volunteer Period: July/August 2018-June/July 2019
Qualifications: Applicants must be native English speakers of any nationality between the ages of 21-74. A bachelor's degree is required at the time of departure. No teaching experience is necessary.
Year program applications require a resume, a personal statement, one letter of recommendation, and a college/university transcript. Start your application on our website at www.worldteach.org.