A Day in the Life
This position will be responsible for coordinating and driving global Government Affairs strategies for the Diabetes business, in close partnership with Regional and Enterprise-wide Government Affairs teams. This position will participate on the Global Government Affairs Leadership Team as well as the Diabetes Leadership Team. This position will report to the Vice President of Global Government Affairs and dotted-line report to the General Counsel, Diabetes.
* Work closely with Diabetes global business management to identify, translate and drive business priorities into global government affairs strategies. Serve as a leading strategist on government affairs for the Diabetes business leadership. Represent, counsel and advise the Diabetes business leadership in interactions with government officials, in close coordination with regional and corporate government affairs experts.
* Serve as key point of communication and coordination between Diabetes business leadership and the Global Government Affairs shared services professionals in the regions and corporate center. Support and integrate cross-cutting and common Diabetes government affairs programs and platforms into regional and local action plans in coordination with regional and corporate government affairs teams.
* Ensure that regional and corporate Global Government Affairs shared services professionals have appropriate understanding, priority and access to Diabetes’ business experts and resources regarding Diabetes’ government affairs issues.
* Bring learning, best practices, and ideas on government affairs strategies from the regions and corporate center to inform the strategy for Diabetes’ government affairs.
* Implement and drive operating mechanisms for prioritization, goal-setting, and review of government affairs initiatives for the Diabetes business, using a collaborative process to integrate input from the local and global business leadership and regional and corporate government affairs teams.
* Form strong networks of communication and coordination with a broad group of Medtronic PLC stakeholders, including country-level government affairs, regulatory, health policy & payment and communications team members, business unit leaders and country business leaders.
* In coordination with country-level business and government affairs leadership, develop, strengthen and maintain strong, high-level relationships with key government officials.
* Monitor and analyze threats and opportunities for the Diabetes business from emerging policies or trends, and effectively communicate such information to business leaders.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in Government Affairs, Health Economics, Business or related field and 12+ years of experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
* Government affairs leadership experience in a multinational company or in the public sector
* Experience working with political or governmental organizations and decision makers
* Experience working in different geographies and political systems; strong abilities to communicate and operate in foreign countries
* Proficient in English language
Nice to Have
* Master’s or professional degree in public policy, international relations, or related field (e.g., law, communications, public health) preferred
* Ability to work effectively and deliver outstanding results in a complex cross-functional environment
* Creative and strategic thinking about government policy and advocacy approaches
* Excellent internal and external communication, advocacy and diplomatic skills
* Strong ability to analyze, synthesize, and persuasively communicate regarding government policies
* Additional language capabilities highly advantageous
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org