The Global Justice Center (GJC) is a fast-growing influential human rights organization that uses the progressive enforcement of international law to promote a global rule of law based on gender equality. We develop innovative legal strategies to define, establish, and protect human rights and gender equity. We work at the United Nations and with global partners including governments, civil society leaders, women and democracy leaders in conflict and post-conflict situations to dismantle embedded patriarchal structures in legal and political systems around the world.
The Global Justice Center is currently seeking a highly motivated and energetic Special Events and Fundraising Coordinator with a passion for human rights and the ability to synthesize complex ideas and explain them simply and engagingly. We are looking for a dedicated fundraiser with exceptional interpersonal skills who is interested in joining a small and high-energy team. We’re looking for a team member who is familiar with the world of international human rights and advocacy, with experience managing the execution of a fundraising gala event including concept development, planning, securing sponsorships and overall event management logistics including day-of event coordination, programming, implementation and analysis. The Special Events and Fundraising Coordinator will report directly to the Grants and Development Manager.
This position is available immediately and will continue through the end of December 2018 (with the potential to transition into a permanent role).
I. Duties & Responsibilities
Major duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
● Conduct prospect research for new individual and institutional funding opportunities
● Provide administrative support before, during and after fundraising meetings, including but not limited to scheduling meetings, making reservations, communicating with meeting attendees and timely follow-up activities from meetings
● Support the Grants and Development Manager with grant applications and reports, including compiling necessary materials, drafting applications and reports, and tracking deadlines
● Assist with direct mail campaigns including annual report and annual appeal
Gift Acknowledgment, Tracking & Database Coordination
● Support the Digital Communications Manager to maintain an accurate and up to date donor and event attendee database
● Prepare letters and other correspondence including but not limited to gift acknowledgements, and coordinate follow-up with staff in a timely manner
Special Event Planning & Coordination
● Assist the Grants and Development Manager with planning the Global Justice Center’s inaugural Gala
● Conduct research, gather information, and assist senior management with the negotiation of contracts prior to closing any deals with potential vendors
● Coordinate logistics and all Gala details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, sponsorship, special guests and speakers, etc.
● Assist the Digital Communications Manager to promote and publicize event
● Proactively handle any issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
● Assist the Digital Communications Manager by tracking and managing event registration pages and RSVP’s
● Assist the Grants and Development Manager to cultivate and expand sponsorship development and fulfillment
● Conduct post-event evaluation to determine how future events could be improved
● Provide volunteer coordination and recognition for GJC’s inaugural Gala
● Bachelor’s degree required.
● 2-3 years development experience in an advocacy or policy-based organization.
● Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
● Experience planning, managing, and executing fundraising events
● Experience communicating with donors and potential donors.
● Experience with maintaining relations with Board of Directors.
● Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, initiate and manage projects, prioritize, and perform a wide variety of tasks with maximum efficiency;
● Strong computer and database skills, especially with Salesforce.
● Excellent writing skills and the ability to write well under tight deadlines.
● Experience working with legal organizations, legal theories or non-direct service non-profits a plus.
The Global Justice Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression. In addition to federal law requirements, the Global Justice Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please send a resume, cover letter including salary requirements, and a writing sample.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org