The applicant should possess the understanding and commitment to the community college philosophy. It is the responsibility of a regular/contract instructor to participate in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of educational programs, courses, and other experiences that will directly result in the educational growth of the students and support advancement of the visions, missions, and values of the colleges and District.
1) Master's in political science, government, or international relations OR
2) Bachelor's in any of the above AND Master's in economics, history, public administration, social science, sociology, any ethnic studies, JD, or LL.B. OR
3) the equivalent.
If you are applying based on "the equivalent", you must complete a Full-Time Academic Equivalency Form EQUIVALENCY MATERIALS. This form MUST be submitted as part of the application procedures
NECESSARY QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants must demonstrate:
1. Academic preparation and/or successful experience in teaching U.S. Government and Politics, International Relations, Comparative Politics, and Political Analysis at the community college or university level.
2. Familiarity in designing and teaching curricula responsive to the needs and interests of historically underrepresented students.
3. Demonstrated ability and/or willingness to work effectively with first-generation college students using multi-modal approaches and student-centered pedagogy and andragogy.
4. Ability to collaborate with faculty or community leaders in programs or initiatives that are specifically designed to help historically underrepresented students achieve their educational goals.
5. Evidence of commitment or active participation in department and/or campus activities, programs, or governance.
6. Evidence of strong commitment to remaining current in political science
7. Demonstrated ability to work closely and collaboratively with students and colleagues in support of a positive, productive, and professional academic environment.
8. Ability to contribute to the mission and strategic plan of the college.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org