The GSMA is the place where the global mobile industry comes to do business. We further the strategic, commercial, technological, social and policy interests of the $3 trillion global mobile industry on behalf of operators and the broader mobile ecosystem.
We harness the power of mobile to achieve our mission of Connecting Everyone and Everything to a Better Future through four main activities:
- We provide strategic direction and thought leadership to our members
- We drive collaborative industry programmes aimed at maintaining operator relevance in the digital world
- We advocate for the industry to regulators, policy makers and society as a whole
- We convene the broad mobile communications ecosystem at our industry leading events
About the Team
Mobile for Development (M4D) is a dedicated global team within the GSMA, bringing together our mobile operator members, tech innovators, the development community and governments to prove the power of mobile in emerging markets. We identify opportunities and deliver innovations with socio-economic impact on over 30 million lives across 49 countries.
M4Ds Mobile for Humanitarian Innovation (M4H) programme works to accelerate the delivery and impact of digital humanitarian assistance. It focuses on the use of mobile-enabled solutions in humanitarian contexts across five focus areas:
- Digital Identity
- Food security, adaption and resilience to climate change
- Gender & Inclusivity
- Mobile-enabled Utilities
- Mobile Financial Services
Through building bridges between the mobile industry and humanitarian sector, catalysing innovative solutions, developing insights and tools and investing in new partnerships and services, the M4H programme aims to help shape an inclusive, impactful digital humanitarian future.
The M4H Innovation Fund aims to accelerate the delivery of digital humanitarian assistance through the provision of catalytic funding. The Fund offers grant funding as well as support in the form of technical advice, mentoring, partnership development, M&E and profiling opportunities. The Fund has an active portfolio of current grantees and will run a third round in 2019.
Why the GSMA Internship?
You will learn from professionals who are invested in making your year in industry worthwhile.
You will work alongside mobile industry experts and learn about the wider telecommunications industry.
You will tangibly contribute to the GSMA’s work and objectives.
We will provide learning opportunities and experiences that will be valuable for your career and future.
About the Role
You will work closely with the Senior Market Engagement Manager leading the M4H Innovation Fund stream, to support the delivery of a number of Innovation Fund-related projects.
You will be required to:
- Support the launch of Round 3 of the Mobile for Humanitarian Innovation Fund, including preparing internal and external Fund documents, supporting the communication and outreach strategy and managing the FAQ process
- Assist the coordination of the Round 3 application review process by preparing review templates and managing the application tracker tool
- Coordinate aspects of the due diligence process including the preparation of agendas, planning of travel and collating of final due diligence reports
- Support the Fund Panel selection process and subsequent grantee contracting
- Undertake high-level analytics on programmatic data to support the development of key trends
- Draft insights resources on existing grantees and support the dissemination of insights via channels including GSMA social media accounts, blogs and internal newsletters
- Schedule and manage webinars and record meeting minutes
- Support the delivery of relevant GSMA events including M4H Innovation Fund convening’s, and those of key partners to disseminate resources and insights
- Monitor the Humanitarian Innovation ecosystem and identify relevant stakeholders, events, and opportunities
- Provide support to other Market Engagement projects (as needed), which help drive achievement of the wider programme’s objectives
You will have:
- You will have or be working towards a strong degree in Humanitarian studies / Conflict resolution / International Relations / Technology for Development / Geography, or similar.
- A demonstrable passion for the role that technology can play in addressing key humanitarian challenges.
- Excellent communication skills on an individual or group basis, including strong spoken and written English, demonstrated through clear writing and the ability to understand instructions and effectively undertake allocated tasks.
- Evidence of focus on achieving goals and delivering high quality outputs on time.
- You will be a self-starter, self-motivated and highly proactive.
- We will accept applications from undergraduates looking for a 12-month work placement or recent graduates (graduated in the last 18 months)
- You must have the right to work in UK.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org