Building on a lifetime of public service, President Clinton established the Clinton Foundation on the simple belief that everyone deserves a chance to succeed, everyone has a responsibility to act, and we all do better when we work together. For nearly two decades, that premise has energized the work of the Foundation in overcoming complex challenges and improving the lives of people across the United States and around the world.
As an operating foundation, we work on issues directly or with strategic partners from the business, government, and nonprofit sectors to create economic opportunity, improve public health, and inspire civic engagement and service. Our programs are designed to make a real difference today while serving as proven models for tomorrow. The goal of every effort is to use available resources to get better results faster – at the lowest possible cost.
We firmly believe that when diverse groups of people bring resources together in the spirit of true cooperation, transformative ideas will emerge to drive life-changing action.
Learn more at http://www.clintonfoundation.org, on Facebook at Facebook.com/ClintonFoundation and on Twitter @ClintonFdn.
The Foreign Policy Associate is responsible for research, writing, and conducting in-depth media analyses to prepare briefings for management meetings and other documents for internal use. In addition, the Associate will assist with external relations functions to facilitate the Foundation’s global outreach and maximize impact.
Research and writing
- Prepare management briefings, press overviews, and country analyses;
- Compile weekly and biweekly reports on a variety of foreign policy topics;
- Prepare research, remarks, and other briefings in coordination with the Foreign Policy and Metrics team, and other departments as needed;
- Proactively monitor topics important to the work of the Foundation’s international programs
- Work closely on foreign policy issues with other departments, as well as partner and affiliate organizations;
- Occasionally produce written products and analyses related to the Foundation’s programmatic work – both domestic and international – and update legacy knowledgebase as needed;
- Assist in planning and managing events as needed, including through research and outreach;
- Maintains and expands databases on relevant subject matter, statistics, and forecasts as necessary.
- Serve as a point of contact for the Foreign Policy and Metrics team internally and to the general public, handling foreign policy-related Foundation inquiries;
- Liaise with external parties as needed;
- Participate in meetings, prepare minutes, and assist in follow-up action steps.
- Serve as a point of contact internally on matters related to the Foundation’s international partners and initiatives. Provide timely, accurate, and concise responses to internal suggestions and requests.
- Maintain and expand databases on relevant subject matter, statistics, and forecasts as necessary.
- Handle mail and phone calls; receives visitors and staff;
- Perform administrative duties include filing, general phone work, and letter writing.
Education (Minimum Needed and Type of Degree Needed):
- Minimum Required: Bachelor’s Degree in international affairs, business, public policy, law, or related field.
- Preferred: Master’s Degree
Work Experience (Minimum Needed):
- Minimum Required: 2 years related work experience.
- Preferred: Experience providing administrative support and working closely with senior leadership in an office environment is a plus
Specialized Knowledge Needed for Performance of Job:
- Strong interest in international affairs, including familiarity of international organizations and governments, private sector, and non-governmental organizations and global/regional trends;
- Capacity to research wide variety of issues, both international and domestic.
- Understanding of international business, politics, development, and law helpful;
Skills (e.g. Level of Judgment Required, Ability to Direct, Work Independently, Multi-Task, etc.):
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Utmost discretion and judgment
- High degree of cultural sensitivity
- Very strong interpersonal and relationship management skills, and ability to build and maintain relationships with diverse sets of individuals in public, private, and non-profit sectors;
- Able to troubleshoot problems, come up with creative solutions, while also identifying issues which need to be escalated;
- Strong project management skills, sound judgment, ability to multitask and prioritize under tight deadlines;
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills; ability to work with colleagues and partners nationally and internationally;
- Self-driven and results-oriented, with a positive outlook;
- Ability to adapt and work in a very flexible, fluid, and evolving environment.
Special Skills (Technical or Advanced)
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Other (Communication Skills, Mechanical Aptitude, Math Skills, Learning Skills, or Other Specific Skills Required):
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, ability to present complex program and technical information concisely and to a wide variety of stakeholders, and ability to lead and facilitate meetings.
- Prior exposure to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment desirable;
- Foreign language skills – particularly Spanish, French and Arabic a plus
- Ability to work in a varying schedule including nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to occasionally travel domestically and internationally, and work in multiple time zones as necessary.
Physical and Other Requirements
- Travel Environment: Occasional long-distance travel (sometimes to developing countries) which may require walking distances, lifting and carrying luggage and boxes (>25 lbs.) or prolonged periods of sitting in tight quarters.
- Office Environment: Constant computer work requiring repetitive motion, prolonged sitting and sustained visual/mental demands. Occasional lifting, bending, pulling, collating, and filing, some of which may be heavy (>15 lbs.) and require use of carts.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org