One Acre Fund is seeking strong candidates for a part-time internship in our New York office. This is a unique opportunity to get exposed to the workings of a growing social enterprise. One Acre Fund relies on grant funding to support our operational deficit, but also takes on debt in order to finance working capital needs. The internship would be supporting the Investor Relations team at One Acre Fund, which manages the organization’s debt needs, identifies and grows relationships with lenders, and does various cash flow modeling to inform borrowing decisions.
Responsibilities: Support the Investor Relations Team with market research, reporting to lenders, and one-off analytical projects, as needed.
- Market Research
- Conduct extensive market research into impact and socially responsible investing to identify new lenders that are aligned in mission with One Acre Fund
- Help put together outreach materials (presentations, analyses, etc) for new lenders
- Lender Reporting
- Develop a simple information package on One Acre Fund to share with new investors
- Assist the Investor Relations team in streamlining lender due diligence process
- Loan compliance
- One Acre Fund reports quarterly on its financials to its lenders. You will work on preparing the reporting package, by putting together reports and analyses of One Acre Fund’s performance.
- Special Projects
- One-off projects to support Investor Relations team or other teams in the Finance Department
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we discuss your career goals.
We are looking for truly extraordinary candidates for a competitive internship position. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply. Current graduate students in business, policy, or international relations programs are strongly encouraged to apply, though exceptional undergraduate students in their junior or senior year would also be considered.
- Experience with research and prospecting; You are able to think high-level and come up with creative strategies to research new markets, and at the same time you have the discipline to do several hours of methodical desk research
- Familiarity with and interest in impact investing and socially responsible investing
- Solid communication skills; Ability to communicate information clearly and concisely both by email and verbally
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel (google sheets a plus)
- Some understanding of corporate finance preferred
- Leadership experience at work, school clubs, volunteer organizations etc.
- Top-performing undergraduate background (include GPA on your resume)
- Humility. We have a fantastic and likeable team. We are looking for passionate people that combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
- Flexibility and a willingness to take on varied tasks
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team depending on the project
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org