What part will you play?
HLN Morning Express with Robin Meade is comprised of a team of dedicated journalists, committed to giving viewers the most up to date news, weather, sports, consumer, and entertainment stories from around the globe in a fast-paced, and engaging manner
What will you be doing?
Interns on the Morning Express team will get the opportunity to pitch story ideas, research, write, edit, and field produce alongside associate producers, line producers, copy editors, writers, digital producers and more. They will learn what it takes to get a live four-hour national cable morning newscast on the air each week day.
What do we need from you?
- The intern should be knowledgeable in and possess a passion for broadcast journalism, television news and social media.
- The intern should be skilled in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and possess superior research abilities, fastidious organization, and writing skills.
- In addition, the intern should have general knowledge in production systems such as iNews, Final Cut Pro, and Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Most importantly, candidates should have a passion for the industry and a desire to acquire knowledge to further their goals in the business.
What's so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Summer 2019 program dates are June 3rd through August 9th.
- Interns are paid a competitive wage and relocation is not provided.
- Students must have completed their sophomore year in college prior to the start of the internship. In addition, students must be enrolled in school during the time of the internship or NO MORE THAN 6 months’ post-graduation.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
- Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
- Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org