Contribute to a safer, secure and more sustainable World!
At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
The person(s) will be responsible for creating and sustaining relationships with US and International Trade Officials to help identify, track, and ultimately influence trade policies that are beneficial to UL. Trade Influencers work to ensure that UL’s views on significant international issues are incorporated into the US government policy and industry policymaking process. Trade Influencers work collaboratively with other UL Government Affairs colleagues and consultants to set trade priorities and execute strategies to best position UL for success.
- Independently develops and implements strategies to influence pending trade negotiations to an optimal outcome for UL
- Work with BU Advisors to communicate developments in trade policy that impact UL's businesses.
- Participate in US Cleared Advisor Industry Trade Committees to ensure UL's interests are covered.
- Monitors and communicates international trade and multilateral organization developments to GGA Leadership.
- Position UL as a Preferred Partner with Governments through growing relationships with Embassy officials from priority countries.
- Manages relationship with international consultants hired to help company gain access to important international officials and market entry.
- Coordinate UL's participation in International events taking place in the US (AMCHAMs, US Regional Business Councils)
- Collaborate with BU Advisors and Country/Region GMs to address policy issues impacting UL.
- Work with International GGA Advisors to address issues from a US perspective.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions
- Works independently; receives minimal guidance
- May lead projects or project steps within a broader project or have accountability for ongoing activities or objectives
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Performs other duties as directed
- BA Degree in Business Administration, Political Science, International Affairs, or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Generally 6 Years or more of related experience or demonstrated competency
- Strategy development and execution experience
- Project Management experience
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills (other languages an asset)
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining high quality and excellent customer service
- Ability to facilitate or lead meetings, make presentations and organize both internal and external coalitions.
- Ability to present and influence decisions
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org