Women Deliver is a leading global advocate that champions gender equality and the health and rights of girls and women. Our advocacy drives investment – political and financial – in the lives of girls and women worldwide. We harness evidence and unite diverse voices to spark commitment to gender equality. And we get results. Anchored in sexual and reproductive health, we advocate for the rights of girls and women across every aspect of their lives. We know that investing in girls and women will deliver progress for all.
The Women Deliver Young Leaders Program connects outstanding young advocates with the platforms, the people, and the resources that can amplify their influence on a larger scale. With an emphasis on sexual and reproductive health and rights, Women Deliver elevates the work of young people taking a stand for gender equality. The Young Leaders Program is a catalyst for rising advocates, providing access to small grants, training, a digital university, speaking opportunities, and networking. Since 2010, a total of 700 young people from 138 countries have increased their impact through the award-winning program so far.
Summary of the Position:
The Senior Associate plays a significant role in designing and implementing Women Deliver’s award- wining Young Leaders Program with a focus on social inclusion, diversity, and accessibility. The Senior Associate creates systems and structures to center and support the needs of vulnerable populations and individuals within the Young Leaders Program and broadly. The Senior Associate reports to the Senior Manager, Youth Engagement, and will provide technical expertise broadly to the organization where overlap may occur with youth populations (i.e., Humanitarian Advocacy Program).
- Develops overarching vision, strategy, and implementation plan to support vulnerable populations within the Young Leaders Program; and more broadly, helps Women Deliver set normative standards on this topic in an international context
- Develops pilot projects and targeted evaluations to test new and innovate programming and to develop evidence-based practices around centering the needs of vulnerable individuals
- Works closely with the Senior Legal Advisor to ensure effective child protection and child safeguarding best practices are developed and implemented
- Works closely with Women Deliver Young Leaders to ensure an interconnected experience that honors the diversity of the population
- Coordinates the implementation of Women Deliver’s youth engagement strategy to facilitate meaningful participation among Young Leaders across all major activities of the Young Leaders Program, including: Digital University, Speakers Bureau, Multi-Country Workshops, and more (i.e., providing support and technical assistance to Young Leaders who receive small grants – with emphasis around diversity and inclusion)
- Contributes to the development and implementation of a recruitment and selection strategy for a new class of Women Deliver Young Leaders
- Serves as a liaison to youth-related coalitions and advisory groups
- Leads event planning for the Young Leaders Program and provides expertise in creating youth-friendly spaces throughout all Women Deliver events
- Assists in the planning and organizing of youth-related Conference programming in the lead up to the Women Deliver 2019 Conference, including planning workshop sessions, coordinating logistics (with a focus on accessibility and inclusion), etc.
- Supports the implementation and monitoring of the workplan to ensure timely completion of deliverables, particularly as it relates to youth and advocacy efforts for the Youth Engagement team
- Organizes and attends meetings, briefings, conferences, and other events, as requested
- Supervises interns and consultants, as needed
- Coordinates closely with the SEA Regional Coordinator (remote consultant), Youth Engagement Working Group (global members), and others
- Carries out other duties as assigned
- BA/BS required in related field such as social studies, development studies, public health, international relations, gender studies or human rights; Master’s degree preferred
- 4-6 years’ experience in an NGO, UN agency or youth-oriented organization
- Demonstrated capacity to provide guidance and technical assistance in one or more critical technical areas such as (case management, access to education, employment creation, social cohesion, health, physio-social, wellbeing, social system strengthening)
- Experience including designing, implementing and managing country level youth programming, preferably in/for low resource contexts m including youth workforce development, entrepreneurship, and/or advocacy
- Expertise in international maternal, sexual and reproductive health and rights issues, with an emphasis on girls and women
- Experience in diversity and inclusion within the international development and youth engagement sectors
- Background in supporting vulnerable populations (including but not limited to LGBTQIA+ persons, those living in humanitarian/refugee settings, indigenous persons, disabled persons, HIV positive persons, adolescents and minors (persons under the age of 18)
- Proven experience in child safeguarding at the international level
- A clear understanding of the strategies for engaging with minors in program activities and advocacy
- Solid knowledge of and experience with developing and executing advocacy and youth engagement campaigns
- Event planning experience required; creating youth-friend spaces a plus
- Experience with UN advocacy a plus
- Strong project coordination skills
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines and work.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to consistently delivering excellent quality work
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, and resourcefulness in solving problems, with sense of humor a plus
- Intermediate proficiency in French or Spanish preferred
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally, if needed
- Must be eligible work in the United States without sponsorship
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org