Our vision is of a world where all trade delivers social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone. A world where organizations are able to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally. We call this Trade with Purpose.
We enable organizations to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally
1. Build our organization to be future fit
We will continue to be strong, flexible and relevant, ensuring our members' voices shape our strategic approach and all our activities. We will build our membership and our geographic presence to drive change at scale.
2. Support our members through insight, expertise and influence
We will increase our capacity to monitor and predict trends and developments that impact our members. We will continue to provide world-class tools that enable our members to anticipate trends and effectively manage their supply chains. We will create mutually beneficial partnerships that support our members on their issues.
3. Inspire action around the world
We will continue to show how individuals and corporations can promote open and responsible trade, acting as a beacon of good practice, pioneering meaningful trade policies and developing a network of ambassadors.
4. Grow high-performing people to become the leaders of a sustainable tomorrow
We will continue to embed sustainability in our members' organizational DNA; build capability and capacity and develop best practice business models that enable organizations to achieve their goals.
5. Prosper by contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals and increasing human prosperity for all
Through our combined membership we will reach a tipping point where business behaviour can positively change society, drive significant impact towards the SDGs and create profitable business.
Culture & Values
Leadership: Be a leading force for positive change
Collaboration: Foster collaborative networks that empower stakeholders worldwide to achieve a common vision
Excellence: Deliver the best we can in everything we do
- Shape and lead amfori's global advocacy strategy and policy approach to advocate the cause of open and sustainable trade and increase the association's influence at the national, regional and international level;
- Initiate and maintain constructive relations with high-level governmental stakeholders at the international, European, regional and national levels in close partnership with our local Network Representatives;
- Publicly disseminate and represent amfori's positions towards governmental stakeholders, policy-makers and international organisations;
- Lead the Policy and Government Affairs department and guide team members and local Representatives of amfori to contribute to the successful delivery of amfori's mission in the field of good policy-making and governmental stakeholder engagement;
- With other Public Affairs Managers support the VP Public Affairs in designing, developing and delivering a first-class public affairs strategy to support the implementation of the vision 2030.
- The Manager Policy and Government Affairs needs to ensure amfori is a trusted platform of dialogue and actions that advance the cause of "Trade with Purpose" to governmental and policy stakeholders;
- The Manager Policy and Government Affairs ensures impactful positions and partnerships on open and sustainable trade with a broad variety of governmental and policy stakeholders;
- The Manager Policy and Government Affairs must set and supervise the department's objectives and strategies through a variety of channels, including high-level contacts, public events, and digital advocacy.
- Degree in Public relations/affairs, Law, Communication studies or equivalent area;
- +8 years' experience in public affairs, relevant execution of policy strategies and alliance-building approaches;
- Proven experience and success in delivering impactful advocacy campaigns at the international, European and national levels;
- Broad grasp of sustainability issues in general;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of policy impact in the field of retail, trade/global supply chains and/or sustainability;
- Diplomacy, tact and understanding of others' priorities to achieve common goals;
- Excellent communication, public speaking, influencing, persuasion and engagement skills;
- Good analysis, problem solving and project management skills;
- Proven people management experience (multi-cultural team);
- Fluent in English and the ability to present ideas in a clear and concise way, both verbally and in writing;
- Asian languages as asset.
If interested, please send your cv by applying below
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org