The Global Partnerships & Outreach (GPO) Unit in the University of Connecticut's Office of Global Affairs supports the University's international activities by working closely with schools and colleges to develop partnerships and coordinate activities with other Global Affairs units and University offices. GPO seeks a Global Partnerships & Outreach Coordinator to provide support to the unit. GPO is tasked with drafting a variety of agreements with global scope including, but not limited to, bilateral exchange, consortium, direct enroll, and training program delivery. Under the direction of the Director, the incumbent will be required to draft international agreements for general affiliation, student mobility, faculty mobility, and training programs.
Incumbents are expected to resolve a wide variety of problems within moderate guidelines and are expected to periodically resolve new, unusual or difficult problems, which require judgment and initiative.
The Global Partnerships & Outreach Coordinator will be a creative, computer savvy and detail-oriented individual who can prioritize and manage his/her time effectively. We are looking for a resourceful imaginative thinker, who can write clearly and effectively, while keeping an eye on the details.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Draft partnership agreements and service contracts with global scope in consultation with the Office of the General Counsel.
- Maintain a database of partner relationships. Review and evaluate database forms, fields and user interface for efficiency and reporting needs; and works with UITS to update modules as needed for effective data collection and record maintenance.
- Serve as liaison between Global Affairs and other University offices, external organizations and the public; build and maintain relationships with UConn faculty and international partners relevant to the Office of Global Affairs mission and purpose; collaborate with other UConn departments in developing opportunities for promoting partnerships and special initiatives.
- Manage the application/nomination/registration process for Universitas 21 and UNDPI events and provide information relevant to such events to the University community.
- Support the Director of GPO and Office of Global Affairs senior leadership in implementing special initiatives:
- Plan and execute events and meetings for senior leadership, by coordinating logistics, facility reservations, staffing, preparing agendas, drafting remarks, and communicating with attendees.
- Help manage initiatives by participating in organizational meetings with the director and faculty on design, finance, and operational aspects of special initiatives and programs.
- Write copy, coordinate, design and distribute program materials, briefings, presentations and other communications in addition to curating website content.
- Conduct surveys, collect necessary data, evaluate information and prepare analytical reports related to global partnerships. Solicit and respond to feedback regarding various activities of the Office of Global Affairs and its special initiatives.
- Maintain project timelines and deadlines.
- Represent Global Affairs at international events.
- Supervise temporary administrative and student staff as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in academic discipline appropriate to the field of specialization and 4 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Experience planning international events and coordinating international travel for faculty, staff and students.
- Team-oriented, with ability to work independently and to exercise initiative.
- Proven ability to successfully interact with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic fast paced environment with multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities and consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Proven ability in data visualization and creation of marketing materials. Proficiency in publishing and photo editing software (Adobe Creative Suite, GIMP, Canva, or similar software).
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), Content Management Systems (WordPress), and relational databases (Access, Filemaker, PHP); demonstrated experience in creating, maintaining and updating websites and relational databases.
- Willingness to work some evening or weekend hours. Ability to travel internationally for work.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Master's degree and minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience grant writing and drafting international agreements or contracts.
- Proficiency using social media.
- Excellent editorial skills and experience copyediting.
- Knowledge of graphic design.
This is a full-time, permanent position. The University offers a competitive salary and outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition reimbursement at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. For additional information regarding benefits visit: http://www.hr.uconn.edu/benefits/nebe.html
Please apply online at UConn Jobs, https://jobs.uconn.edu, Staff Positions, Search #2019571. Interested candidates should submit:
- Cover letter
- Resume that demonstrates how you meet the minimum qualifications and any preferred qualifications you may have for this position;
- Writing sample; and
- Three professional references, including name, current professional title and organization, phone number, email and a description of your professional relationship for each reference.
Applicants who do not submit the requested material will be disqualified. Screening will begin immediately.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search #2019571)
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on June 21, 2019.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics, which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University's teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn's ranking as one of the nation's top research universities. UConn's faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.