We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who possesses an insatiable curiosity, dedication to quality, and a desire to be part of a rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate will have experience with military, government, or international affairs organizations and will have excellent writing, editing, data visualization, and communication skills.
The place of work is in the Vienna/Tysons Corner area and is Metro accessible on the Silver Line (Springhill Metro).
Content Managers develop informational products across an array of functional areas, and build relationships with government customers. They extract information submitted through email and reporting, do independent research, and construct in-depth but easily digestible products based on this information. They also work with multiple data types and help develop mapping capabilities using tools like ArcGIS, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, QGIS, Google Earth, and others. Content Managers are expected to interact with customers in-person, over the phone, and through email to build relationships and deep understandings of customer organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Work at the direction of Site Leads to make well organized, useful, and engaging unclassified articles, maps, and other products.
- Assist in the building and maintenance of relationships with key stakeholders, information contributors, and users.
- Identify, suggest, and execute key information-sharing initiatives that provide value to government and military organizations.Extract relevant content from a variety of sources and create articles and other products in a format tailored to the information needs of end users.
- Categorize and organize source material to create a user-friendly, interactive experience.
- Participate in mapping processes by gathering user requirements, collecting and organizing data, and helping to create static and interactive maps.
- Superior research and writing skills
- Experience and familiarity with conflict, humanitarian, and/or governance issues in the Ukraine/Eastern Europe
- Ability to follow direction and function well in a small, fast-paced team
- Excellent at organizing disparate written material into a coherent whole
- Experience creating engaging written, graphical, and multimedia content
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising quality
- Ability and willingness to learn various computer and web-based applications
Highly Desirable Qualifications:
- Field experience in Ukraine/Eastern Europe
- Active security clearance
- Work experience with the military or federal government (such as the State Department, USAID, Treasury, or other federal agencies).
- Experience facilitating collaboration between multiple stakeholder organizations
- Knowledge and experience using GIS tools (such as ArcGIS)
- Knowledge and experience using HTML and Python
- Foreign language skills, especially Russian
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Experience teaching or training small groups
Undergraduate degree or graduate degree preferred.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org