The Multimedia Division of Human Rights Watch (HRW) is seeking a full-time, fixed-term Associate for the New York office. The Associate will provide administrative support to the Multimedia Division. The Multimedia Division is part of the Media Department and works to determine the best messages, the right audiences, and the best vehicle to raise public awareness of the human rights violations HRW investigates and documents.
This is a fixed-term position for six months. The position reports to the Associate Multimedia Director, based in New York.
1. Providing administrative support to the Multimedia Division;
2. Processing invoices and expenses in our expense management software (Concur);
3. Assisting with the technical workflow of the Multimedia Division;
4. Assisting with posting content to hrw.org, media.hrw.org, and other distribution channels;
5. Liaising with other departments in HRW to coordinate the release of multimedia projects;
6. Downloading assets and archives for video projects;
7. Coordinating the transcription and translation of video files as needed;
8. Subtitling vides files as needed;
9. Assisting with contracts for freelancers as needed; and
10. Helping to service internal and external requests for multimedia content.
Experience: A minimum of one year of experience is required.
Education: A bachelor’s degree is required. Studies in international relations, social sciences, journalism, or a related field is preferred.
Related Skill and Knowledge:
1. Prior office/administration experience and strong organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail are highly desirable
2. Self-motivation and the ability to prioritize with excellent time management skills are required.
3. Proficiency in computer packages including MS Office applications is required; experience with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop are preferred.
4. Ability to work well under pressure while juggling multiple tasks is required.
5. Strong analytical skills and the ability to work well under pressure while juggling multiple tasks simultaneously are necessary.
6. Strong oral and written communications skills in English are required.
7. Strong interest in international relations and/or human rights is preferred.
Salary and Benefits: Salary range starts at $47,436. Human Rights Watch offers comprehensive employer-paid benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, a retirement savings plan and twenty (20) days of vacation per year.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org