The International Crisis Group is an independent organisation working to prevent wars and shape policies that will build a more peaceful world.
International Crisis Group is opening a new position for a Publications and Graphics Production Assistant in its Communications and Outreach Department. Together with the Publishing and Brand Identity Manager, you will work on reports, internal papers, brochures and other written outputs, as well as maps and other graphics for print publications and social media. You should have education and/or experience in international affairs as well as a strong interest or background in graphic design and typography. Alternatively, you should have an educational background in graphic design and want to work for an organisation seeking to resolve deadly conflicts and build peace.
- Formatting, publication and dissemination of reports, briefings and other papers and documents;
- Updating the website, including uploading and proofreading;
- Coordinating with field and advocacy offices on publication issues and providing general support for the publications department; and
- Supporting the Publishing and Brand Identity Manager with designing graphics for social media, Crisis Group events and our website as well as with creating maps and info-graphics.
- An undergraduate degree in international relations, conflict studies, government or a similar discipline, or a background in graphic design;
- Experience using Microsoft Word and familiarity with Excel;
- Good working knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop is desired;
- Video editing or animated video production experience is a merit;
- Strong English is required; knowledge of French and other languages is an asset;
- Authorisation to work in the EU.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org