CRS is in the process of opening a new sub-office in East Darfur. You will support the startup, management, and representation of Catholic Relief Services' (CRS) activities in East Darfur to ensure implementation of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. Out of the East Darfur sub-office you will ensure the development and effective management of operational systems and resources and the delivery of high-quality programming in coordination with the CRS main office in Khartoum.
- Manage planning and implementation of all key activities at the sub-office and other sub-field offices level ensuring alignment with Country Program (CP) and agency strategic programming and operations excellence priorities and standards. Approve expenses, monitor spending, and make budget adjustments in line with operational and programmatic needs and donor requirements.
- Serve as the security focal point. Proactively manage security and mitigate security risks. Ensure a safe work and living environment through leading implementation of safety and security protocols and staff care and well-being best practices.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports. Monitor and assess performance to ensure adequate capacity. Contribute to staffing plans and recruitment process of senior staff.
- As the primary representative of CRS in East Darfur, strengthen existing and develop new relationships with local partners, government and community organizations.
- Proactively and effectively manage resources and promote stewardship, ensuring program and operations teams and partner staff have and optimize the appropriate human, financial, and material resources and tools.
- Ensure high-quality project implementation, management, and compliance with programmatic standards, policies and procedures through project review systems and quality control (comprehensive M&E systems, budget review and analysis). Promote documentation of program reviews, success stories, and lessons learned
- Monitor day-to-day operations to ensure all operational services (HR, Finance, Supply Chain, Admin, ICT) are delivered with high quality in an efficient manner and adhere to policies. Manage risk and address challenges that affect the proper stewardship, optimal utilization and maintenance of program assets and resources (financial, human, and material).
- Create and maintain the proper conditions for learning. Establish a safe environment for the sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to small deficiencies. Identify capacity strengthening needs for staff and partners and coordinate with CRS Sudan program and operations teams to address capacity strengthening.
Education and Experience
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, International Relations, or relevant field required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a non-profit, development, and/or humanitarian organization with progressive responsibilities and some project management experience. Experience with an international organization a plus.
- Experience working with projects funded by multiple public donors, including USAID, DFID, and UN agencies.
- Experience in stakeholder management and establishing and strengthening community partnerships.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Knowledge of procurement and general office administrative/management issues
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information management systems.
- Excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Team leadership abilities
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Able to live in an environment where everyday comforts may not be readily available.
Required/Desired Foreign Language
- Fluency in English (speaking, reading and writing ability) required; Arabic speaking and reading capability will be an added plus.
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: Field Head of Operations /Area managers
Internal: CR/Head of Operations/Head of Programs/ Emergency Coordinator/ Operations Manager/ Finance Manager.
External: GOS (HAC/ Security / State Governments) UN Agencies/ INGOs / Local entities.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org