Oxfam International Secretariat is looking for an enthusiastic and well-organized intern to help promote our work on issues ranging from migration to tax justice, climate change, income inequality and humanitarian assistance through creative and strategic media and communications work. You will gain hands on experience working with the EU advocacy and the media team of a leading international non-governmental organization. You will develop your media drafting, social media, project management and analytical skills; and you will acquire practical knowledge of EU policy-making and legislative processes.
- Help design, implement and review Oxfam’s EU media and communications strategy;
- Draft media products such as press releases, blogs and opinion pieces;
- Conduct media monitoring and analysis;
- Keep Oxfam’s EU social media accounts up-to-date, help identify opportunities for social media engagement, further develop the social media strategy, extend reach and improve targeting of social media products;
- Support in keeping Oxfam’s EU website up to date;
- Help organize advocacy and media events;
- Support in developing the media database.
Our next EU Media and Communications Assistant will require a range of skills and experience.
- Candidates should show a strong interest in communication and politics to achieve change;
- They must have native level written and oral English language skills. Good knowledge of French or another major European language is a plus;
- Some previous work experience, especially in social media and/or journalism, is desirable;
- Candidates must be effective team players with the ability to work and think independently, to help coordinating work in a team, and to be resourceful and proactive;
- A strong command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is a must; social media, layout/design, photo and/or video editing as well as multimedia skills are highly desirable;
- Basic knowledge of EU decision-making politics and processes is desirable;
- An educational background in communications and journalism or international politics and development is desirable, but not a must.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org