We are looking for an Associate Manager to play a key role in the delivery of campaigns and activities to support PSI’s advocacy, communications and influencing agenda.
Reporting to the Senior Advocacy and Communications Manager, the Associate Manager will primarily provide ongoing support under the framework of the following projects:
- Menstrual Health and Hygiene Management (MHM). Funded by a High Net Worth Individual (HNWI), this project aims to understand the barriers preventing teen girls from accessing products for and education on their reproductive health, including menstrual hygiene, and to create the first girl-centered solutions to effectively address these barriers in Nepal. The insights and lessons learned from this project will help PSI and its partners design more effective programs to improve the health of teen girls in Nepal and will serve as a model for how menstrual hygiene can be incorporated into ongoing reproductive health programs for girls globally. The Associate Manager will work to leverage the outcomes from our MHM work to influence internal and external key decision-makers and to position PSI as a leader in this space.
- Self-Care Trailblazers for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights. With support funding from the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation and the Hewlett Foundation, this initiative will bring together various stakeholders to learn and help build the evidence on self-care for sexual and reproductive health and rights as well as advocate for the adoption of the WHO guidelines by governments in Africa and Asia. The Associate Manager will support the work to establish a ‘Trailblazer Group’ along with advocacy efforts at the global and national level to advance self-care policies and practices.
Sound like you? Read on.
The Associate Manager will provide ongoing strategic advocacy and communications support to designated projects, including:
- In close consultation with ERC senior team members and project leads, support the development of workplans, targets and milestones for advocacy projects, in line with project objectives and overall organizational objectives.
- Works with senior team members and project staff to develop key messaging to support project goals.
- Coordinate advocacy response between technical and regional and PSI network members.
- Provide technical advocacy and communications assistance to project staff at HQ and in-country, including facilitating advocacy planning workshops and supporting work to implement plans when appropriate.
- Work with key members of PSI’s technical and project teams to identify and optimize events and other engagement opportunities to influence key stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Contribute to developing a monitoring, documentation and evaluation approach as well as plan for elevating and disseminating learning and innovation.
- Package key learnings from PSI, and other sources, to shape policy briefs, messaging and other communications.
- Support the development of a learning agenda, including developing and disseminating case studies based on advocacy learnings to share throughout the PSI network. Ensure that internal audiences are kept apprised of project updates through email marketing, brown bags, webinars and other vehicles for direct communications.
- Develop and produce a wide range of compelling written and multimedia content to use for advocacy-related activities. Example materials could include: e-mail blasts, human interest stories, micro blog posts, infographics, social media interactions, video-blogs, podcasts, etc.
- Liaise with media, including fielding requests, media outreach and pitching, written opinion pieces in priority outlets, etc.
- Contribute messaging for presentations, op-eds, briefing materials, talking points and speeches.
- Work with digital team members to develop, write and edit materials for the web and social media, and oversee strategic deployment of social and digital communications campaigns.
- Manage or advise on advocacy-focused trips with PSI Global Ambassadors, donor representatives, peer organizations and media.
- Ensure sound financial management including programmatic budgeting, spending projections and monitoring of payments.
- Support development and delivery of timely donor and program reports.
- Assist with development of online and offline advocacy and educational resources and tools, including toolkits, workshop facilitation curriculum, case study database, etc.
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
- Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
- Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
- Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
- Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt
- Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin
- A bachelor or master’s degree in communications, advocacy, policy or related fields is required.
- 3-7 years of experience creating polished and impactful communications materials.
- Proven experience producing a wide variety of high-quality multi-media communications products that are both stylish and substantive.
- Excellent English writing and editing skills and a portfolio of quality written products for a variety of formats (e.g., blogs, articles, op-eds, etc.).
- Understanding of and experience with social and digital media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, blogging) required.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and Office 365.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with keen attention to detail and timeliness.
- Proven ability to develop routines to manage large workloads and organize work efficiently.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org