The Director, Catalyzing Investments will support impact investment initiatives, provide technical guidance to projects, and new business activities that support access to financial services and impact-driven investment by our targeted development populations under the guidance of a Managing Director.
• Support Investment portfolio management for ACDI/VOCA’s global impact investment work: Strategic planning and guidance on investment processes and expansion plans with AV Ventures’ investment management teams. Provide support in screening and due diligence process. Provide investment fund portfolio management support. Financial modeling for current and planned AV Ventures investment funds. Fundraising for AV Ventures investment funds.
• Integration of Technical Specialty into Projects: Share technical learning and coach others to be leaders in the technical area. Keep current with literature and other advances in the field and relevant professional organizations. Coordinate with other departments as necessary to increase technical skills of field and headquarters staff by collaborating on trainings and/or information resources. Participate in project management units as a technical resource for assigned projects. Deliver specific technical assistance as STTA to projects or Task Orders under guidance from Managing Director. Integrate investment facilitation and investment provision into projects.
• New Business: Develop, contribute to, provide technical guidance and/or provide technical quality control to new business proposals, particularly in technical specialty areas. Identify and qualify new business opportunities under guidance/with minimal guidance from Managing Director to achieve new business goals. Contribute to proposal efforts by providing extensive technical content, under guidance/with minimal guidance from Managing Director. Under guidance/with minimal guidance from Managing Director, complete proposal activities such as: (a) creating budgets, (b) identifying personnel, (c) collaborating with partner organizations, (d) collecting field research, (e) designing implementation schedules, (f) establishing monitoring systems, (g) integrating all available information; (h) contributing to the writing of technical approach sections. Under guidance/with minimal guidance from Managing Director, develop materials for unsolicited funding opportunities in investment and access to finance, including pitch deck materials; financial models; budgets; and implementation plans.
• Learning: Keep current with literature and other advances in the field and relevant professional organizations; share with colleagues and accounts as appropriate. Regularly share updates on catalyzing investment in ACDI/VOCA’s projects with HQ staff and the Catalyzing Investment practice area
• External Outreach: Promote ACDI/VOCA’s image as a learning organization: Conduct outreach with philanthropic, impact and commercial funders, industry associations, and other stakeholders. Identify venues for external dissemination of ACDI/VOCA’s learning. Serve as principal contact with service providers and foster good working relationships that maximize service. Perform other duties as required.
Minimum qualifications include a Master’s degree in business administration, international development, agriculture, finance, economics or other related field. Minimum of five years’ experience, including overseas work, in impact investing, international development finance or related field. Expertise building and maintaining financial models. Russian, French and/or Spanish language fluency preferred. Experience with multi-media applications, Power Point and other Microsoft programs. Demonstrated excellence in oral, written and reading comprehension abilities. The ability and willingness to travel internationally may be required.
While the requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org