The Senior Communications and Digital Media Associate, Nothing But Nets will assist the Senior Officer, Communications and Digital Media in creating and implementing a comprehensive digital communications strategy that supports fundraising, partnership development, constituency building and advocacy objectives. She/he will be responsible for the implementation of Nothing But Nets’ social media, email marketing and fundraising efforts, and press outreach. She/he will create, edit and post web content to NothingButNets.net, will manage social media outlets, and develop/code emails. She/he will assist the Senior Officer, Communications and Digital Media in developing new digital strategies to increase online reach and engagement, traffic, and action rates. She/he will conduct press outreach, and write op-eds, press releases and write compelling content, and assist with communications metrics and reporting.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience communicating brand messaging, running the day-to-day execution of Nothing But Nets’ multifaceted communications and digital platforms, and developing long-term strategic communications planning for Nothing But Nets.
The Communications and Digital Media Officer, Nothing But Nets reports to the Senior Officer, Communications and Digital Media, Nothing But Nets, and works closely with the Director, Nothing But Nets. She/He works in close collaboration with the Nothing But Nets, Global Health, and Public Affairs teams.
- Manage overall implementation of Nothing But Nets’ communications and digital media strategy across traditional and online media platforms;
- Develop and manage monthly digital media campaigns to build awareness, advocacy and fundraising around Nothing But Net’s key priority messages and events;
- Responsible for building editorial calendar, writing and editing digital content, maintaining an engaging social media presence, and crafting grassroots advocacy and fundraising communications for the campaign in coordination with the UN Foundation’s communications priorities and standards.
- Write talking points, blog posts, op-eds and press releases as needed;
- Manage, organize and expand an active and engaged email list. Work directly with database managers to properly segment audiences and maintain list quality and email deliverability.
- Responsibilities include drafting and coding emails, creating targeted distribution groups, creating online forms, landing pages or advocacy alerts, reporting on metrics, and executing paid acquisition campaigns. Familiarity with EveryAction and/or Salesforce platforms is a plus;
- Assist with the web development process, including writing, editing, and posting new web content on NothingButNets.net. Experience with coding and design in WordPress preferred;
- Monitor, analyze and report out monthly metrics reports by monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on web, social media, email and media mention KPIs;
- Create social media kits and press kits;
- Organize storytelling assets and assist in curation and updating of champion and beneficiary stories from Nothing But Nets impact countries;
- Proactive grassroots outreach online (blogs, community networking sites, listservs);
- Manage vendor relationships as needed for communications strategy;
- Develop and implement key partner communications objectives;
- Work closely with Nothing But Nets Campaign Associates to best leverage Nothing But Nets champion communications;
- Keeps up-to-date on online communications and web industry standards and trends;
- Attend and cover live events as applicable;
- Experience in video production and editing is a plus;
- Other projects and duties as may be assigned.
- 5-7 years of experience in communications and digital media, in publishing or media outlet, at a PR agency, or NGO setting;
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Public Relations, International Relations or related field preferred;
- Interest in global health, global humanitarian challenges and/or malaria; prior experience in one or all of these areas preferred.
- Prior experience and/or exposure to digital fundraising, awareness building and/or advocacy campaigns preferred.
- Strong experience maintaining and managing organizational social networking accounts in coordination with campaign online communications and strategy (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube etc.);
- Proficiency with email marketing platforms (e.g., Convio Luminate Online, EveryAction, Campaign Monitor, Pardot, or similar tools), CRM (Salesforce preferred), and CMS platforms (Dato or WordPress preferred);
- Strong experience writing press releases, op-eds, and editorial content for a brand, organization, or thought leader;
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with strong grasp of English language, spelling, and grammar.
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience producing and editing video content preferred;
- Attention to detail, dependable, and adherence to deadlines;
- Motivated to grow and learn;
- Enthusiastic and possessing a positive attitude;
- Ability to work independently and within a team to identify, explore and implement creative online and social media strategies;
- Strong skills working in teams and across many types of organizations — team-oriented; problem solver; relationship-builder; and strong inter-personal skills;
- Ability to multitask in a very fast-paced, often rapidly-changing environment;
- Sense of humor and a great team player;
- Multi-cultural experience, general knowledge of global issues and the United Nations system, and an understanding of the UN Foundation mission, programs, strategy and goals;
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time and flexibility to work some evenings and weekends;
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy;
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress;
- Other duties as assigned.
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org