We’re looking for a Latin America Regional Manager to join our Regional Support team to work with partners across Latin America to support them in using tech and data to increase their impact.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Implement and manage projects in Latin America to support partners to use data and tech in a more strategic, effective and responsible way;
- Ensure timely completion of high quality work to fulfill commitments to partners;
- Manage budgets, reports and consultants for our Latin America regional support partners;
- Build and manage relationships in the region and design ways to engage with communities that are working on issues related to social justice;
- Develop public-facing content about our work, learnings and partnerships in Latin America to share with external audiences;
- Represent The Engine Room at events;
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure learnings and processes from Latin-America focused direct support work informs our research, engagement and communications strategy; and vice-versa, that our research and tech work is informing how we provide support to partners in-region;
- Develop relationships with potential partners and funders and contribute to fundraising in the region;
- Support research or technical projects and provide regional or other expertise on colleagues’ projects as needed;
- Build relationships with social justice communities in Latin America and identify ways in which strategic tech and data thinking can strengthen their movements.
Our regional support work focuses on providing civil society organisations in different regions – in particular, Sub-Saharan Africa and Latin America – with comprehensive support around how to use data and technology to increase their impact in a responsible and strategic way. Many of these partnerships are intensive, longer-term and often with local, resource-constrained organisations and activists.
The Regional Manager’s role is to understand the context a partner is working within, and work closely with them to integrate technology into their work, in a way that acknowledges the vulnerabilities that tech can open up, and mitigates those from the beginning. The Regional Manager implements our regional support strategy by bringing together colleagues and outside experts with the skills, experience and knowledge to provide our partners with high quality support.
WHO ARE YOU?
You are a connector, a translator. You love building relationships. You are an active listener and enjoy supporting people to achieve their goals. You are passionate about the role that tech and data (can) play in civil society. People trust you and enjoy working with you. You are open, humble and curious. You believe strong relationships with people are critical to creating impact. You communicate clearly, proactively and frequently, and you love learning about tech, data and society. You are a problem solver and are comfortable with ambiguity. You are adaptable while also being organised. Our organisational values resonate with you.
- Fluency in Spanish and English;
- Based in Latin America;
- 3+ years experience working closely with civil society and social justice activists in Latin America;
- Ability to manage projects, partnerships, and professional relationships;
- Based in a location between the following time zones: UTC-5 and UTC-2;
- Access to fast, reliable internet;
- Eagerness to learn and grow;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to plan, organize, and think strategically;
- Knowledge in capacity strengthening, technical assistance and direct support provision for nonprofits.
- Experience working in a remote team;
- Experience working on technical projects with partners or in contexts where resources are limited;
- Experience in project budget tracking and monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL);
- Facilitation experience;
- Strong relationships with civil society and/or other social justice-related communities in Latin America.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org