Responsible for the acquisition of data, content and information to support the Government Affairs business.
- Collect, review and summarize data from multiple sources.
- Attend congressional committee markups to collect and analyze relevant information related to bills, amendments, nominations and votes.
- Analyze congressional floor activity, providing analysis of amendments and other artifacts.
- Track regulatory dockets and related activity through the Federal Register and elsewhere.
- Standardize and maintain data from campaign finance and lobbying records.
- Maintain directory and calendar content to help customers stay up to speed on what’s happening and who to contact in Washington.
- Create innovative ways to enhance our systems and make our data-related processes more efficient, accurate and timely.
- Participate in time-sensitive projects, and collaborate with colleagues to deliver new initiatives.
- Act as a liaison with technology teams to enhance relevant product databases.
- Provide a platinum level of service to customers.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
1-2+ years’ experience in research, especially collecting and maintaining complex data sets; experience summarizing legislative and regulatory developments desired; ability to identify, understand, and summarize complex information from a variety of sources; prior experience or strong knowledge and understanding of the legislative or regulatory process; excellent numerical skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills; high proficiency in Microsoft Excel required; strong knowledge and understanding of the legislative or regulatory process; keen interest in information management, technology and product development; ability to work quickly, accurately, and efficiently in a fast paced with shifting priorities; effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks; knowledge in information technology and statistical analysis or computer programming (i.e. VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python, Regex) desirable; works effectively as a member of a team, including helping others as needed; ability to deal with internal and external customers in a professional manner; excellent organizational skills; ability to work independently; ability to conduct research with guidance from supervisor or higher-level analyst; experience using database software and/or desktop publishing systems desired. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org