JAN 6th DEADLINE
The European Roundtable on Climate Change and Sustainable Transition in Brussels is seeking an intern to work for 9 months starting in January/February 2020, possibly extendible beyond this period as a Research Assistant.
- Carry out research and produce material on projects, with initial focus on the European Green Deal, the EU ETS, the EU 2030 framework for climate and energy policies, Member State National Energy and Climate Plans, and the Paris 2015 international agreement and its implementation
- Research and draft background materials on climate change, market approaches related to climate change and climate finance
- Assist with the preparation of publications related to the above subjects
- Provide support to the director of the European Roundtable on Climate Change and Sustainable Transition
- Provide general administrative support, including helping to organize meetings.
- Maintain liaison with stakeholders such as business associations, environmental NGOs, etc.
- (Educational) background in international relations, (environmental) economics, or similar;
- Interest in climate change policy and market approaches to climate change, and international climate change negotiations;
- Existing knowledge of climate change policy and carbon markets highly desirable;
- English language skills at native-speaker level - be able to write well in English
- French or another language is an asset
- Experience with an international environment and multi-stakeholder process;
- Well organized and able to pay attention to detail, ability to work in a demanding environment, under pressure, take initiative and be a problem-solver;
- Ability to internalize substantial amount of material and think laterally;
- Hard working and interested to potentially continue in this field;
- Authorization to work in Belgium.
Start date: interviews start as applications are received. Work will start as soon as possible after a suitable candidate is found.
Duration: Nine months, extendible as Research Assistant for the right candidate.
Compensation: Competitive, depending on the level, experience and background of the candidate.
If you are interested, please send your CV and a 1 page cover letter to the attention of Andrei Marcu ([email protected]) and Domien Vangenechten ([email protected]) by January 6th.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org