For over ten years, Highlight has provided Development and Modernization, Secure IT and Mission Solutions for our federal government customers. We know the technology; we understand the way our customers and their stakeholders work; and we know how to implement industry best practices for development and services, delivering end-to-end solutions that minimize risk and maximize results.
Highlight is seeking a detail-oriented Program Assistant to provide communications support to USAID’s Bureau for Policy, Planning and Learning (PPL), which develops the policies and strategies that guide USAID’s worldwide mission to support countries on their Journey to Self-Reliance.
You will provide communications and administrative support to PPL’s Communications Team, specifically in event logistics, web-maintenance, and clearance management. Responsibilities include the planning and execution of PPL sponsored meetings, briefings and summits; maintaining up-to-date content on PPL’s external and internal websites in collaboration with LPA and PPL offices; managing PPL’s Agency notice process, and managing team clearances with LPA and PPL/FO.
The PPL Communications Team is located in PPL’s Front Office that reports directly to PPL Senior Leadership. You will coordinate with the Communications Team Lead on day-to-day priorities. It is a small team that requires all members to work on all aspects of team priorities to fulfill team objectives.
- Support the planning and execution of PPL sponsored meetings, briefings and info sessions, including coordination of invitations, event logistics, and catering.
- Maintain up-to-date content on PPL’s external and internal websites in collaboration Bureau and LPA staff. This includes managing PPL’s submissions to global announcements and spotlight features on USAID’s internal site.
- Manage PPL submissions to the Agency Notice system, including working with PPL offices in tracking, clearing, and posting.
- Coordinating with communications team on PPL’s Leading for Impact newsletter.
- Research photos and factoids for use in PPL produced factsheets, talking points, speeches, newsletters, and other documents in support of PPL communications strategy and messaging.
- Work with USAID’s Legislative and Public Affairs (LPA), when necessary, on coordination and clearances.
- Provide input and proactive suggestions to enhance Bureau strategic communications.
- Assist the development and execution of a new PPL Communications Strategy.
- Assist the communications team with administrative support as necessary.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Current DOD Secret Clearance required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to international development, international relations, public administration, legislative affairs, communications, journalism, etc.
- 2 or more years of relevant professional experience, preferably working with a U.S. Government agency, an international organization, or non-governmental organization.
- Meeting planning experience.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as a member of a team.
- Willingness to work on all aspects of team priorities.
- Must be able to plan, organize, and use time effectively.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work within tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of graphics design software, including PhotoShop.
- Knowledge of web content management tools, including Drupal.
- Knowledge of international development issues; knowledge of the organization and operations of USAID is a plus.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org