You will be part of our multi-national Government Affairs team and report directly to the Policy and Government Affairs Manager.
- Increase the engagement of members on social issues to ensure that amfori policy positions are representative of our members.
- Coordinate with colleagues from within Public Affairs and other functions to ensure consistency of messaging / positions.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with key external stakeholders and policymakers.
- Build a reputation for amfori as a centre of intelligence on social issues.
- Monitor EU and Member State policy / regulatory initiatives pertaining to social issues (human and labour rights, supply chain due diligence, non-financial reporting) which might be of relevance to amfori’s members.
- Develop amfori’s positions and draft articles, statements, speeches, e-content, etc. on social issues.
- Build and maintain networks with stakeholders from government, international institutions, business associations and others to advance the position of amfori on social issues.
- Liaise with amfori’s EMEA network to ensure coordination of advocacy messaging and to seek regular exchange of info on latest developments.
- Coordinate the activities of the Sustainability Policy Project Group.
- Degree in law, international relations or political sciences
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar position and proven track record of drafting positions papers, articles and speeches
- Good understanding of EU institutions, their functioning and decision-making processes
- Native English speaker or equivalent, with excellent communication and drafting skills, able to synthesize and translate complex issues topics into sound political messages
- Other languages are an asset
- Flexibility and ability to shift priorities to accommodate urgent deadlines
- Team player with a strong work ethic, spirit of initiative and a can-do attitude
- Excellent networking skills
This position is based in Brussels. This position is Maternity cover from mid-February to mid- September.
Please send your CV and motivation letter by applying below.`
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org