International SOS is the world’s leading international health care, medical assistance and security risk services company with over 11,000 employees, led by 1,200 doctors and 200 security specialists. We provide a world class offering for travellers and expatriates. Every single day we are making a difference in people’s lives and able to support them when they need it the most.
We are currently recruiting a Security Specialist on a permanent contract to join our security team based in Chiswick Park, London. This is an excellent security position, working for the world’s leading medical and travel security assistance company.
This position will be responsible for the day to day delivery of high-quality security assessments and advice to travellers, international assignees and corporate travel risk managers. The individual will work as part of a 24/7 team providing travel security advice to clients and supporting client situational awareness by scanning for, reporting and escalating developing travel security issues.
- Delivery of best-in-class bespoke verbal and written travel security assessments and briefings;
- Collect, analyse and disseminate security or disruption issues affecting business travellers;
- Maintain awareness of the regional security environment through detailed research and engagement with regional contacts;
- Advise and monitor clients travelling in complex working environments;
- Support security consultancy tasks;
- Understand all current events affecting regional/global business travel and provide travel advice and briefs to clients;
- As required, conduct travel to priority countries to assess current situations and develop local information and assistance capabilities to further support clients.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Interest in international affairs and the global security environment
- Degree level qualification in politics, international relations or related subject or work experience
- Experience in writing for senior management and business decision-makers
- Knowledge of the political and security context of West, Central and Northern Africa
- Ability to analyse issues and explain complex situations to a non-expert
- Liaison and communication skills
- International experience (work and personal)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to work outside of normal duty hours
- Fluency in English
- Foreign travel to Africa desirable
- Advanced professional proficiency in French and/or one other language preferred
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org