The Communications Officer’s role is to ensure that DIGITALEUROPE’s policies and actions are presented clearly and persuasively to the outside world.
In this role, you will report to the Director of Political Outreach and Communications.
As the leading trade association in the field of digital technologies and digitalising industries, we are looking for a motivated, pro-active candidate who is full of ideas that can help drive the organisation forward.
We are a small, dynamic team with space for you to grow professionally and bring your new ideas to the table.
External and internal communications
- Planning and writing press releases, the newsletter, and opinion pieces amongst others;
- Proactively managing social media accounts (mainly Twitter and LinkedIn, but also occasionally Facebook);
- Managing video production with external agencies;
- Managing website content;
- Media monitoring;
- Keeping press contacts database updated;
- Overseeing design of policy documents, brochures, and ensuring coherence of corporate design across our output.
- Excellent writing skills; ability to explain sometimes complex technical issues in simple and readable language;
- Native or near-native level written and verbal English skills;
- Experience creating social media profiles, content and with analytics tools – Twitter and LinkedIn;
- Strong analytical and investigative skills;
- Organised, able to meet deadlines and ability to juggle multiple tasks;
- Proactive, self-driven and able to work autonomously;
- Enthusiastic and flexible approach;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Enjoys and has experience of working in an international team;
- Education to a degree level (for instance in Communications or European Affairs).
- Experience in communications or journalism;
- A good understanding of EU politics;
- Experience of web editing, desktop publishing software, image processing, graphic design;
- Previous experience in event management;
- Previous experience of coordinating projects.
Interested candidates should forward their CV and a cover letter by 24 January 2020.
Due to the volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews, expected to occur in February.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org