The Century Foundation (TCF) — a think tank promoting progressive ideas and innovative, practical solutions that advance opportunity, equality, and security — seeks a part-time (20 hours/week), paid spring intern who will assist the Washington, D.C.–based higher education team. This internship runs through May 2020.
Located in our Washington, D.C. office, the Higher Education Policy and Communications intern is responsible for working with TCF’s higher education team, while coordinating closely with the New York–based communications team. The intern will be responsible for work on state-based higher education affordability projects, including drafting content, engaging in outreach, and maintaining systems to maximize the reach of our public policy impact.
- Assist the higher education team with tracking state legislative and regulatory proposals.
- Draft rapid response content applying policy research to moving public policy proposals.
- Build and maintain outreach lists of partners and policy staffers.
- Draft press releases, press pitches, social media posts, and other communications and outreach content.
- Assist with organizing meetings and distributing agendas and related materials.
- Other duties, as required.
- BA or equivalent and 1–3 years of work experience in communications required. Ideal candidate would be a current graduate-level student.
- Experience in public policy a plus.
- Strong analytical, verbal, written, organizational, and communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail, and a quick learner.
- Ability to think and work quickly and efficiently, and communicate effectively across teams.
- Willingness to be flexible and open-minded, and be a highly engaged team player.
- A sense of humor, balanced with a sincere interest in the mission.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org