Blumont is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party to focus on the technical implementation for an anticipated five-year USAID funded Development Food Security Activity (DFSA) in Mali. The Mali DFSA is expected to bridge humanitarian assistance and longer-term development programming in conflict-affected areas.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee key aspects of the development, implementation and consolidation of the the intended scope of work;
- Manage a team of technical staff in various sectors (agriculture; agribusiness, resilience, gender, community systems strengthening);
- Conduct periodic technical reviews with partners to ensure that the direction is in line with the overall food security strategy;
- Establish a strong relationship with nutrition and resilience research partners and coordinate project activities specific to the dissemination of new approaches and technologies;
- Provide technical input into the design and implementation of evaluations;
- Create/adapt best practice guides, manuals and other technical resources to ensure the quality of nutrition and gender-sensitive food security programs in collaboration with the government and other technical partners;
- With the M&E Lead, develop food security-specific data collection tools and establish feedback mechanisms on the quality of implementation on the ground;
- Support M&E Lead to document best practices and lessons learned in food security and facilitate their effective use to improve program quality;
- Support M&E Lead in developing a learning agenda for food security and coordinate its implementation across the consortium;
- Maintain relationships with key staff of consortium partner organizations. Contribute to coordination of the roles and activities of staff from other consortium member organizations in implementation in line with Blumont partnership principles;
- Ensure that food security and resilience approaches are in line with the Government of Malistrategies and priorities for the sector.
- Master’s in international development, management, agriculture, nutrition, finance, economics or another relevant field;
- At least 5 years of international project management experience; of which three (3) should be in managing resilience, agriculture-based and/or rural development interventions with gender and youth focus;
- At least 5 years of D/COP level experience on a USAID-funded program;
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar environment i.e. conflict and harsh climatic conditions. Experience in the West/Central Africa/Sahel and Mali is strongly preferred;
- Prior experience managing USAID-funded assistance projects of a similar size and scope in developing countries; experience managing multi-sectoral projects including livelihoods, agricultural development, resilience, market-based approaches to economic development, climate change, food security, gender, conflict;
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners;
- Experience managing programmatic and financial reporting requirements;
- Experience with USAID rules, regulations and requirements is preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French is required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org