The Democracy Council is an international nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization based in Los Angeles, founded on the belief that good governance, economic & educational opportunity, human rights, the rule of law, and the free exchange of information are fundamental elements of stable societies.
The Democracy Council is currently seeking to fill an entry-level Program Coordinator position in the organization’s Latin America programs department. As a junior member of the team, the Program Coordinator will provide logistical, administrative and programmatic support for current and developing programs in the Latin America region. This position is based in Los Angeles, CA and reports to the Latin America Program Director.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative, logistical and programmatic support for assigned Latin America country program(s)
- Collaborates with field staff and assists the Program Director in managing program activities to ensure that programmatic objectives are met, and are in compliance with both the Democracy Council and funder requirements
- Assists Program Director with research related to grant proposals and program activities
- Assists with writing quarterly reports and final reports
- Assists with managing and monitoring program budgets and financial reports
- Monitors, reports, and analyzes political developments pertaining to assigned Latin American country program(s), especially as they relate to Democracy Council objectives and activities
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, international relations, Latin American studies or related field (Master’s degree preferred)
- 0 to 2 years of experience in international development or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Spanish, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with program team
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work to meet tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Interest in Latin American civil society, independent media, and arts/culture
- Democracy council provides the following benefits to eligible employees.
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Please submit a cover letter and resume by applying below.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org