Digital Coordinator. New York. Posting Date: 01/11/2020. Deadline: 02/02/2020
Do you want to help make the world a better place with your passion for digital communications? We're seeking a Digital Coordinator to be based in New York who has strong content, visual, and community management skills. You will help support our cross-functional communications team, producing and packaging digital, photo, and video content to reach target audiences through social media and other distribution channels.
The Open Society Foundations works to build vibrant and inclusive democracies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people. We are active in more than 120 countries, making us the world's largest private funder of independent groups working for justice, democratic governance, and human rights.
The Communications team plays a central role in the work of the Open Society Foundations by coordinating and strengthening the public presence of the global network and by helping to advance relevant issues. Communications works to raise Open Society's public profile by promoting the network's many noteworthy achievements as well as responding to attacks from opponents of open society around the world. The department employs media outreach, digital, social media, publications, and internal communications to assist dozens of Open Society foundations and programs in their communications efforts.
As a Digital Coordinator at Open Society you will:
- Coordinate with editorial staff to produce, edit, and source digital content (text, images, audio, video) and ensure it aligns with Open Society's digital strategy
- Assist photo and video editors with coordination, production, and post-production of video and photo shoots, including photo search requests
- Work with the social media team to report on trends related to Open Society issues using a variety of listening, media monitoring, and analytic tools
- Respond to daily messages, inquiries, and comments on digital channels quickly and with good judgement
- Support routine digital production and team operations, including updates in content management and digital asset systems, licensing, and contracting
- Manage editorial calendars and ensure conformity to house standards and platform requirements
What we are looking for:
- 1-3 years of demonstrated Experience managing and/or producing digital media (including photo editing and assistance); or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working in communications with a focus on digital media, advocacy, and analytics
- Familiarity with social media strategies, especially for international/multi-country audiences
- Experience managing high visibility social media accounts on multiple platforms
- Interest in digital trends and technologies, particularly as applied to the advocacy space
- Excellent English-language writing and editing ability, as well as verbal skills
- Experience with multimedia production
- Basic design skills; proficiency with Adobe Cloud applications.
- Knowledge of tools and protocols for digital publishing, including HMTL, XML, CSS
- Experience with digital outreach, including sending email updates, managing an email list
- Familiarity with contact and content management systems such as WordPress and MailChimp
- Diplomatic manner and ability to adapt to a range of cultures and experiences in interacting with program management, colleagues at all levels, contacts, and the public
What we offer:
- Ample opportunities to learn and grow, from annual professional development allowances to onsite trainings and brown bag lunches with visiting experts.
- Top-notch benefits and perksdesigned for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. With some variability according to location, this includes generous time off, flexible work arrangements, employer-paid health insurance, generous retirement savings plan, progressive paid parental leave, reproductive and family planning support, sabbatical opportunities, and much more .
- A commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that enables everyone to bring their full self to work and make a positive impact on the world.
See what a day in the life of a colleague at Open Society is like.
If this sounds like the position you have been looking for, please submit your cover letter and CV; we look forward to learning more about you.
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We aim to build an inclusive workforce that is reflective of the populations we support, and actively seek applications from those who are marginalized and underrepresented. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and colleagues with disabilities.