The EU Communications and Visibility Team is seeking a Communications’ intern for a six-month internship, starting in March 2020 (exact dates to be agreed).
The EU Communications and Visibility Team supports UNHCR operations in the planning and implementation of EU-funded Communications and Visibility activities. The team profiles the UNHCR-EU partnership in Brussels and across the EU by way of campaigns and events.
General description of internship:
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting with the drafting of articles and stories;
- Supporting with social media content including videos, infographics, macros;
- Assisting with the organization and hosting of events including World Refugee Day; and
- Providing administrative assistance, as required.
- Excellent command of English and working knowledge of French;
- Creative flair and enthusiasm for design;
- Creative skills including Adobe Creative Cloud;
- Strong drafting and organizational skills; and
- Team player and professional approach.
In order to be eligible for this internship, candidates must:
- Be a recent graduate (i.e. have completed studies within one year of applying) from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO; and
- Have no direct family ties with a UNHCR staff member (including Temporary Appointment holder) nor with a member of the Affiliate Workforce.