HIAS seeks a Project Manager (PM) to manage the planning, development, rollout, and testing of HIAS’ data management system. The PM defines the overall project work plan and success metrics for delivery of the pilot, ensures all stakeholders are aligned and committed to supporting the delivery approach, and ensures that the project delivery is aligned to organizational strategy and business objectives. The PM will be responsible for project outcomes, stakeholder management, design of new core framework, service-level agreements, and all project deliverables. In addition, the PM will provide business process guidance as required for the successful implementation and adoption of the project. The PM will coordinate across senior stakeholders across multiple divisions and functions to deliver a project that enables functional business process change across the organization.
The system under development will be piloted in one location in 2020 and will be rolled out to and/or connected to all HIAS locations and programs in 2020 and 2021. During this period, the PM will deliver on the successful rollout and adoption of the data management system. The PM may also spend up to 40% LOE on ITC4D (Information and communication technologies for development) initiatives. This role is located within HIAS’ M&E Department, with close coordination with HIAS’ IT Department, various Programs Teams, and senior leadership.
This role will be responsible for incorporating the needs and input of all project stakeholders into the project content and implementation plan. The right fit for this role will be someone who can participate in a discussion with multiple stakeholders that ranges from strategic alignment to financial KPIs to survey methods, and then translate this content into a clear, concrete set of project actions and deliverables.
A successful PM will be a self-starter who is used to exercising a high degree of autonomy and independent judgment to problem solve and learn on-the-job as needed, but who applies teamwork skills and discernment to reach out to and/or convene stakeholders as needed for input. The PM is both a strategic thinker and detail-oriented problem-solver: s/he balances a high-level view of the project, strategic priorities, and business processes with the day-to-day realities of planning, troubleshooting, and implementation at all times.
- Manages project work plans, deliverables, timelines, and levels of effort for project team and related stakeholders.
- Ensures there is clear agreement on the required project outcomes and associated business impacts.
- Manages stakeholder inputs and expectations in line with realistic project outlook through the project lifecycle.
- Produces regular updates on project implementation and progress for all stakeholders.
- Monitors and updates project budget; support additional funding opportunities as needed. Serves as primary implementer and trainer for initial project pilot.
- Provides regular status updates and project reports to project team.
- Exercises significant individual awareness of business change taking place across the organization and keep up to date with contextual changes that may have impacts on the project.
- Undergraduate degree required; graduate degree preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in project/program management required; experience implementing cloud-based IT solutions with leading technologies, in a global capacity; data management experience is a plus.
- Experience working on global projects with international teams. Some knowledge of and exposure to international affairs required; experience with development, humanitarian, and/or forced displacement contexts is a plus.
- Experience implementing knowledge hubs and/or data driven business intelligence initiatives; experience with ITC4D or similar desired.
- Ability to define and represent architectural solutions that balance short- and long-term needs.
- Collaborative approach to coordinating and driving activities across multiple teams, without direct control of resources; demonstrated in-depth understanding of the business process, desired change, interdependencies with other functions/departments, issues and impacts.
- Proven ability in business architecture, business process redesign, and change delivery; strong commercial knowledge, including the ability to articulate the financial impact of given strategic decisions.
- Proven experience of change management in relation to organizational and business processes; ability to effectively engage and manage stakeholders at all levels and across all locations, from executive leadership to field staff collecting data, resolving issues and understanding drivers/needs.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, analytical, and deductive reasoning skills; proactive problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify potential risks/challenges and take appropriate mitigation actions.
- Ability to travel to HIAS country offices up to 40%, with peak travel expected during system pilot and rollout stages; and as required by system needs thereafter.