We wish to recruit a Manager or Senior Manager of Digital Trade and International Relations. The Person will drive our Policy and Working Groups on the issue of work very close with our Members and DIGTIALEUROPE’s Executive Staff.
DIGITALEUROPE is the voice of the digital technology industry in Europe. Our members include some of the world’s largest IT, telecoms and consumer electronics companies representing 35K companies in 40 national associations from every part of Europe. DIGITALEUROPE has been involved in important trade discussions across the world including Washington, Tokyo, Seoul and Beijing. We will host the Commissioner for Trade at our Masters of Digital conference.
DIGITALEUROPE wants European businesses and citizens to benefit fully from digital technologies and for Europe to grow, attract, and sustain the world’s best digital technology companies. DIGITALEUROPE ensures industry participation in the development and implementation of EU policies.
The subject matter includes multilateral and bilateral negotiations (including free trade agreements and economic integration agreements), market access barriers, customs issues (classification and duty suspension of electronic products as well as rules of origins). The person will be responsible for maintaining and developing our relationships with international and global bodies and associations.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Support DIGITALEUROPE’s goals and ambitions for International Relations;
- Monitor global economic and trade developments; collect and analyse intelligence and press information to anticipate policy developments and to propose adequate of strategies;
- Organise day to day operational support of DIGITALEUROPE member groups and including setting up meetings, conference calls and drafting meeting minutes;
- Actively shape the advocacy positions and strategies and coordinate members positions and the external advocacy activities and communications;
- Represent DIGITALEUROPE position meetings internally and externally (WTO, OECD, ITU, WIPO, UNCTAD, European Commission, European Parliament, Council, other associations, NGOs);
- Prepare reports, articles and newsletter, as well as external briefing documents;
- International travel will be required, and the person will occasionally be supporting and traveling with the DG when DIGITALEUROPE is being represented in international fora;
- Organise the work of the International Relations team of DIGITALEUROPE.
- Ability to prioritise, organise and drive work;
- Strong analytical skills and interpersonal competences;
- Strong work experience or a Master level university education in law, international relations or political science is an advantage;
- Specific knowledge of competition law, international law and tax systems, WTO, international trade agreement and customs is an asset;
- Knowledge of EU decision-making procedures, current affairs and a demonstrable understanding of EU legislative developments;
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills;
- Native English speaker or equivalent;
- Very organised with an acute attention to detail;
- Previous management experience is an advantage;
- A minimum of 4-8 years’ relevant work experience is required.
Interested candidates should forward their CV and a cover letter by 7 February 2020.
Due to the volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews, expected to occur in February.
Please note that for this position you should be eligible to work in Belgium.