Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG) is the premier global strategic advisory and commercial diplomacy firm. With a commitment to excellence, integrity, and discretion, we help our clients navigate challenges and capture opportunities in markets around the world. ASG goes beyond opening doors, working alongside our clients to develop and implement tailored strategies. The global ASG network includes over 230 regional and sectoral experts and has a record of success in over 120 countries.
The Africa practice Senior Vice President (SVP) will possess significant expertise in African politics and government, trade, investment, and business trends around the continent, and preferably firsthand experience effectively navigating African markets. The successful candidate will become a senior lead on client engagements and help drive new business for the practice; provide direction and guidance to the team; develop smart goals and effective implementation strategies; and work with colleagues at all levels to create a productive and positive work environment. This position offers opportunities for further growth and advancement consistent with demonstrated performance.
- Senior leader in Africa Practice, and the broader firm
- Leads client activities and value delivery, efficiently leveraging expertise within the Africa Practice and across ASG
- Helps to recruit, support, and manage ASG network colleagues based in Africa
- Contributes senior judgment and guidance to team members
- Works with ASG leadership and team members to develop Practice goals and support overall Firm growth and profitability
- Works with ASG Human Resources on relevant career paths for team members and professional development opportunities
Client Service and Business Development
- Adds recognized knowledge/expertise and value to client activities and ASG’s overall portfolio
- Leads client engagements and/or regional initiatives with a high degree of autonomy, focused on delivering value and consistently excellent client service
- Sees that client priorities are met and is regarded by clients as a trusted partner in creating, adding and protecting value
- Oversees and leads new business development for the Africa Practice, and the broader Firm, by leveraging and expanding personal and Firm networks and identifying key trends and opportunities
- Expands and deepens ongoing client relationships, for example by exceeding expectation in value delivery, building multiple relationships within client organizations, and marketing ASG global advisory capabilities
- Represents ASG externally at public fora and is regarded as expert on African business and political affairs
- Recognized expertise related to Africa, with knowledge and practical experience in multiple sectors, which may include international relations, international business, government, development, international advocacy or a related field
- Significant expertise on politics, government regulation, economic development, business, trade and investment in Africa broadly, in addition to detailed knowledge of specific African markets or regions.
- Proven senior manager with experience leading large cross-cultural teams, organizations in complex environments
- Existing network of Africa related contacts across public and private sectors required. Significant contacts among potential client organizations are a major plus
- MA in in political science, international relations or business, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Significant experience living or working in Africa