The Digital Associate will work to develop and implement social media strategies that advance the organization’s advocacy and branding objectives by drafting and researching content for all social media platforms, including email outreach. This position could be located in our New York or DC office.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with communications director to develop and implement social media strategy to advance Human Rights First’s branding and advocacy goals
- Draft written content and develop graphics for Human Rights First’s Twitter and Facebook accounts
- Develop and execute targeted online ads on Facebook, Twitter, and Google
- Assist in the training of staff and stakeholders on messaging and communications.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure that communication efforts enhance and support cross-functional goals
- Track and report on performance analytics for digital content
- Monitor, optimize, evaluate and report digital and social media results on a daily/monthly/annual basis in coordination with organizational goals and benchmarks.
- Maintain calendar of social media opportunities
- Post blogs (drafting as needed), resources, and other content on the website
- Write emails, petitions, and actions for supporter list
- Use the Quorum database to configure, test, schedule, and send petitions, action alerts, email messages, registration forms, and event invites
- Edit, test, and send donor e-mails to all small and recurring donors, as well as annual fund donors
- Manage and update the communications calendar
- Proofread press releases, reports, and other public facing documents for the website
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, mass media, political science, international relations, or another related field and 2-3 years’ relevant experience
- Traditional and digital media savvy with strong writing and editing skills
- Organized and creative thinker
- Basic familiarity with HTML
- Demonstrated interest in human rights
- Experience with the following: web-editing experience, familiarity with eCRM databases and email platforms, familiarity with Adobe Suite and/or InDesign
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org