The American Swiss Foundation is the leading private organization dedicated to strengthening the historic friendship between the United States and Switzerland. We are looking for a highly motivated person to join a small team in our New York office. This is an exciting opportunity for a recent graduate and well-suited for someone interested in learning more about non-profit management, event management, and international affairs.
Working closely with the Program Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the organization in an administrative capacity. You will manage and maintain the database, administer mailings of invitations and fundraising drives, post news, articles, and photos on the website www.americanswiss.org, assist in the production of printed materials, and perform other administrative duties as directed.
- Manage and maintain database, create lists and pull reports
- Administer all mailings including fundraising drives and invitations to events
- Perform other office and administrative duties as directed
2. Communications and Website
- Write and post text and images on the ASF website
- Write and proofread website content and news
- Format and send weekly email newsletter
- Write and send mass email communications and invitations
3. Event Management
- Create invitations, collect RSVPs for Foundation events
- Produce name tags, guest lists, and other printed materials for dinners and events
- Attend events and conferences as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Excellent written communication; native-level English is required
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Self-starter with the ability to follow directions and work independently
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, basic computer functions
- Willingness to learn new web and database tools (Salesforce, Vertical Response)
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Interest in graphic design and html coding a plus
Send Resume and Cover letter to Margaret Fahey, Program Manager.