IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
This professional position reports to the Senior Accountant-Grants. The Quality Assurance intern is responsible for ensuring all records related to procurement function are completed timely and accurately in accordance to relevant laws, and IREX’S policies and
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Point of contact for quality assurance review of procurement documentation;
• Assists in reviewing all procurement record for high-quality and audit-readiness;
• Assists in review of monthly transaction reports including review of supporting documentation to ensure all procurements are in compliance with IREX policies, procedures and best practices, as well as with funder requirements;
• Co-ordinates procurement quality assurance review communication to the program staff
• Manages electronic organization of procurement documents and records to ensure that documentation is complete and accessible;
• Provides organizational support for IREX yearly external audit;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree received or in progress in Finance, Business Administration, Audit, International Affairs, or related field;
• Detail-oriented with ability to multitask, prioritize, and remain flexible while adhering to strict deadlines in a fast-paced working environment;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required with high degree of customer service orientation and demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point applications
Work authorization is needed for this position. It is NOT remote and will be in the Washington, DC office.
IREX conducts anti- terrorism database clearances on candidates who accept employment offers. IREX is also an E-Verify Employer.
IREX is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and inclusive hiring practice. IREX is an equal opportunity employer.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org