Foreign Policy for America (FP4A) is a national organization advocating for principled American engagement in the world. Together with our members and partners, we promote sound policies, hold elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and help elect champions of our values. The Foreign Policy for America family of organizations includes FP Action Network, our federal political action committee, and Foreign Policy for America Foundation, our 501(c)(3) educational arm.
As we enter 2020, we’re seeking an extraordinary leader and teammate to help us grow our national network and deliver for our endorsed candidates, including the eventual Democratic nominee for President. The incoming Outreach Associate will focus on building our network outside Washington in partnership with our existing Outreach Associate, who will focus primarily on the DC Metro area. This is a permanent position.
Responsibilities: The Outreach Associate will contribute to Foreign Policy for America’s efforts to grow and support our diverse national network of members through events and other programming across the country.
· Lead efforts to identify and help recruit new FP4A Leadership Circle and Finance Committee members in major cities across the country.
· Work closely with FP4A Leadership Circle and Finance Committee members to support their leadership of and active participation in fundraising for FP4A endorsed candidates.
· Support the Executive Director to execute new member recruitment activities, including travel to major cities.
· Coordinate program activities, including members-only dinners and other events featuring FP4A Advisory Board members, in partnership with local leaders.
· Support the growth of a diverse national network of Americans who support principled American engagement in the world, including groups that have historically been under-represented in Washington foreign policy conversations.
· Contribute to organization-wide strategic planning, and assist with other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be a highly organized, self-starting, service-oriented leader with experience fundraising for candidates and/or non-profits.
· 1-3 years of professional experience with grasstops organizing, event planning, and/or fundraising.
· Highly organized, outstanding attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple projects while setting appropriate priorities to achieve goals.
· Experience working directly with important external stakeholders. Proven judgment.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with teams to achieve program goals in a demanding and fast paced environment.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Desire to be part of a mission-driven team working to strengthen support for diplomacy-first foreign policy. Alignment with Foreign Policy for America’s values.
· Proficiency in Word and Excel.
· Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends.
· Some domestic travel will be required.
Compensation: Salary in the range of $35,000 - $50,000; includes highly competitive benefits package. Salary for this position will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Send a cover letter and resume with “Outreach Associate” in the subject line no later than February 23, 2020. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Foreign Policy for America is committed to inclusion and views diversity as a strategic asset to our team and our community. As an equal opportunity employer, FP4A does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org