Program Administrative Specialist, Middle East and North Africa. Tunis. Posting Date: 02/04/2020. Deadline: 02/25/2020
Do you want to help make the world a better place with your high-level skills in administration? We are seeking a Program Administrative Specialist
based in Tunis, Tunisia
to support for grant making activities and/or other program functions.
The Open Society Foundations works to build vibrant and inclusive democracies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people. We are active in more than 120 countries, making us the world's largest private funder of independent groups working for justice, democratic governance, and human rights.
The Middle East and North Africa Program is based in Amman, Jordan, and supports a diverse group of local civil society organizations, research centers, universities, and media organizations across the Middle East. More information about our programs can be found here . As a branch of the Middle East and North Africa Program , the Tunis Office provides overall support to Middle East and North Africa Program operations on the ground in Tunisia, and contributing to development of programmatic budgets and work plans, monitoring and tracking grantee progress and reports, and helping the team to assess grantee organizational health. Reporting to North Africa Regional Manager, the Program Administrative Specialist will provide a variety of programmatic and administrative support functions for the team based primarily in Tunis. As a Program Administrative Specialist at Open Society you will:
What we are looking for:
- Provide advanced administrative support for grant making activities and/or other program functions by performing operational work that help achieve a specific program's goals/plans.
- Review reports and other documents for compliance, accuracy, and readability; this may include review of data to assure that it is accurate and complete in accordance with appropriate protocols and policies.
- May assist with processing grants as well as identifying and implementing grants-related best practices.
- Collaborate closely with team members and other staff to meet program needs, such as editing drafts and compiling and presenting information in an accessible way. Manage team/unit's budgets, including planning, tracking, and variance monitoring and reporting and assist in complex events planning and managing related travel, logistics, and budgets.
- Support programmatic efforts by conducting activities - including research, reporting, and monitoring - related to the grant making process and/or analytical work in support of field and issue analysis, project development, organizational and portfolio assessments, advocacy, and cross-programmatic consultations.
- Stay abreast of developments in the relevant fields and the landscape of political dynamics in Tunisia and Maghreb Region.
- At least three years of progressively responsible experience relevant to the duties of this role
- Experience with record keeping, budgeting management, and finance administration is important.
- Experience with multi-tasking and working independently on complex administrative tasks is necessary in this role.
- Incumbents must demonstrate high proficiency with office technology and IT solutions used by OSF, including the Microsoft Office suite and social media.
- Must be comfortable learning new proprietary software systems.
- Language skills Arabic, French and English spoken and written
- Knowledge of the political dynamics in the regionand willingness to travel in the Maghreb region.
If this sounds like the position you have been looking for, please submit your cover letter and CV; we look forward to learning more about you.
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We aim to build an inclusive workforce that is reflective of the populations we support, and actively seek applications from those who are marginalized and underrepresented. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and colleagues with disabilities.