Chemonics is seeking a chief of party for the anticipated Vietnam Improving Private Sector Competitiveness (IPS-C) Activity. This five-year activity will seek to remove constraints and build the competitiveness of small and growing businesses (SGBs) in Vietnam, especially those led by women and vulnerable populations. Specifically, the activity seeks to: 1) build business management capacity of SGBs, especially those led by women and vulnerable populations; 2) improve efficiency and productivity by promoting innovation, technology adoption, and sustainable business models; 3) enhance the business-enabling environment for a broad-based inclusive economy; and 4) strengthen business-to-business and cross-sectoral linkages. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall project leadership, management, and technical direction, ensuring a common vision across different components and actors;
- Supervise technical and administrative staff;
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID, the host-country government, and local and regional partners;
- Ensure that all project assistance is technically sound, appropriate, and aligned with the program’s long-term vision;
- Directly implement the project’s strategic long-term vision;
- Oversee work planning, performance management, and strategic communications.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in leading and implementing projects focused on SGB development and competitiveness, improving and promoting sustainable business models, or business enabling environment reform;
- Demonstrated experience establishing market linkages, facilitating sales for SGBs, and resolving business-enabling environment issues to allow firms to grow;
- Experience working with women or ethnic minority-owned businesses a plus;
- Strong personnel and resource management, communication, and decision-making skills;
- Experience working in Vietnam preferred;
- Advanced degree in international development, finance, business, economic development, or a related field preferred;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
- Excellent oral and written English.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org