Iran International Television is a Farsi-language news channel which is targeted at people living in Iran and those in the Farsi speaking diaspora. It is a news and factual channel with news bulletins, talk shows, documentaries, features and magazine content across broad case, digital and social media.
You would be employed by Volant Media UK Ltd.
Working in a team of multimedia journalist in a busy newsroom, your role will be to create imaginative, accurate and engaging news content for TV, on-line and social media output.
• You will originate, research, write, produce and present material using text, stills, audio and video as required.
• You will also be required, accurately and impartially, to cover stories and events and put them into an appropriate context to meet the needs of the audience.
• You will produce content for TV that may include: news stories, live coverage, sequences, interviews, packages, discussions, background pieces, analysis and features.
• For on-line and social media, you will be required to write and use video, audio, stills and graphics to produce news articles, features, engaging posts and interactive material.
• You will also be responsible for moving a story forward, by amending and updating material as required.
• You will research, report, write, translate and adapt existing stories or programme material from English into Farsi.
• From time to time, you might also be required to report in text, stills, audio or video from the field in a range of formats for all Iran International Television platforms.
• You may also be required to anchor or present TV content.
• Foreign travel may be necessary.
As a candidate for this role, you would need to have the following:
• Recent and relevant broadcast news or multimedia experience.
• A wide and up-to-date knowledge of Iranian and international affairs.
• In-depth understanding of Iran’s history, politics, social issues and culture as well as the changing needs of the audience.
• Farsi as your first (or equivalent) language, fluency in English, and the ability to write, translate and adapt material accurately and to tight deadlines.
• The ability to produce original material and preferably, the ability to adapt stories for multimedia output.
• The ability to report from the field as required.
• Suitable voice and presentation skills (training can be provided but some experience essential).
• The ability to exercise editorial judgement and display an understating of the law as it relates to journalism.
• The ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure, either alone or in a team.
• Excellent contacts within Iran and the Iranian diaspora across politics, culture, social issues, business and sport.
Salary: £45k - £60k commensurate with experience and skills
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org