ABOUT TRANSPARENCY INTERNATIONAL
Transparency International is a global coalition with one vision - a world free of corruption. We give voice to victims and witnesses of corruption, and work with governments, businesses, and citizens to stop the abuse of entrusted power.
In collaboration with national chapters in more than 100 countries, we are leading the fight to turn this vision into reality. The newly launched U.S. office focuses on stemming the harms caused by illicit finance, strengthening political integrity, and promoting a positive U.S. role in global anti-corruption initiatives.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: 1 year, with the possibility of extension
Working hours: full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Fully paid health insurance; 401(k) retirement plan match; and generous vacation time, sick leave, and paid (U.S.) federal holidays
Location: Washington, DC, United States
Reporting line: Director Washington DC Office
The U.S. office of Transparency International seeks an energetic and resourceful Operations Associate to assist with the short- and long-term logistics of the office - assisting in outreach to Members of Congress, Administration officials, allied organizations, media, and other key constituencies; coordinating meetings, and planning public events. The Associate will also work with the Advocacy Director to build office’s social media and web presences, and will be responsible for general office support.
• Helping with office logistics and planning of events, congressional briefings, and press conferences (incl. dealing with venues, catering, audio visual, invites, and other logistics as needed)
• Pushing out reports, statements, press releases, event notices, and other items from the office
• Maintaining and sending information to various listservs
• Recording and producing minutes for meetings
• Assisting with outreach to allies (e.g. sign-on letters, meeting confirmations, events, etc.)
• Assisting the Advocacy Director with building and maintaining the media list and social media presence, including identifying relevant topics and articles for circulation and posting
• Assisting with maintaining and updating of the website: posting blogs, op-eds, speeches, reports, fact sheets, and press releases to site
• Assisting with pitch calls to media for briefings, events, conferences, etc.
• General research and grant-writing support, as needed
• General administrative duties, such as coordinating deliveries, ordering supplies, troubleshooting IT issues, and other general office duties
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
• 1+ years of relevant professional experience (work or internship), including experience using social media, blogs, or websites as advocacy tools, and organizing public events
• Experience working on U.S. political campaigns or with issues involving anti-corruption, transparency, or global development a strong advantage
• Strong writing skills; some graphic design skills are a plus
• Strong organizational and logistical skills, and ability to prioritize multiple projects while maintaining attention to detail and meeting deadlines
• Ability to work both independently and as a team player who can deliver in a fast-paced environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, and demonstrated ability to learn and utilize information technology skills
• Resourcefulness, creativity, and intellectual curiosity
• A willingness to occasionally work irregular hours, if needed
• A strong commitment to Transparency International’s mission
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should submit, via email, a cover letter explaining interest in the position (and mentioning also the source of the application), a writing sample (no more than three pages), and CV in English (in one pdf file) to:
Closing date for applications is Sunday, 8 March 2020.
The Transparency International Secretariat is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where diversity is valued and where there is equality of opportunity. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and therefore welcome applications from qualified candidates of all backgrounds. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis and we do not discriminate on the basis of national origin, race, colour or ethnic background, religious belief, sex, gender identity and expression or sexual orientation, marital or family status, age or ability. We kindly ask applicants to refrain from including in their application information relating to the above as well as from attaching photos.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and that due to the high volume of applications it is unfortunately not possible to provide individual feedback.
To learn more about Transparency International, visit our website at www.transparency.org